With PSA Replica and parameter enableMajorityReadConcern false ,Secondary becomes blacklisted

saurav gupta

Feb 19, 2020, 5:14:13 PM2/19/20
to mongodb-user
Hi All,

With P-S-A Replica  architecture with enableMajorityReadConcern false, bulk inserts and reads are going on.

But after one hour or so, replication lags increases and keeps on increasing and ultimately Secondary node goes down and becomes blacklisted

Please recommend correct configuration for P-S-A Replica  architecture and  how to recover blacklisted node to secondary server

Regards,
Saurav

MH

Feb 19, 2020, 6:41:13 PM2/19/20
to mongodb-user
Can you share your infrastructure, output from RS.config redacted as needed, version numbers, and what you're seeing in the logs? Bandwidth between nodes? Versions? I have a number of PSA nodes out in production and am not seeing this.

saurav gupta

Feb 20, 2020, 6:41:17 AM2/20/20
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Below are the logs and parameters :

2020-01-29T17:21:47.124+0530 I REPL [replication-0] We are too stale to use 10.95.147.92:27017 as a sync source. Blacklisting this sync source because our last fetched timestamp: Timestamp(1580295549, 1) is before their earliest timestamp: Timestamp(1580297909, 30285) for 1min until: 2020-01-29T17:22:47.124+0530

replication:
   replSetName: rs1

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 5:11 AM MH <disgus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you share your infrastructure, output from RS.config redacted as needed, version numbers, and what you're seeing in the logs? Bandwidth between nodes? Versions? I have a number of PSA nodes out in production and am not seeing this.

saurav gupta

Feb 24, 2020, 4:09:09 AM2/24/20
to mongodb-user

MH

Feb 24, 2020, 10:36:49 AM2/24/20
to mongodb-user
based on that log message I believe your node is too stale and will need to be synced fresh

perhaps this members cant get a copy of all of the data due to the oplog not being large enough to store enough data that the secondary can sync to before the oldest entry in the op log falls off. maybe your primary needs a larger op log?

Stennie

Mar 1, 2020, 9:55:05 PM3/1/20
to mongodb-user
This question was asked & answered on the MongoDB Community site: PSA Architecture with enableMajorityReadConcern false- Secondary down.

It would be best to continue any discussion on the MongoDB Community site, which is the replacement for this Google Group.

Thanks,
Stennie