How to mirror Atlas Mongo environment to on-premise

random0000

Jul 25, 2017, 6:23:05 PM7/25/17
to mongodb-user
Hi all,

We are looking for a way to mirror a MongoDB instance in Atlas to on-premise.  Initially MongoMirror looked promising but looks like it is the opposite of what we need (i.e. on-premise to Atlas only).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Wan Bachtiar

Aug 9, 2017, 4:10:23 AM8/9/17
to mongodb-user

We are looking for a way to mirror a MongoDB instance in Atlas to on-premise

Hi Ray,

Could you elaborate further on what do you mean by ‘mirror’ ?

Are you aiming for a periodical data copy (i.e. offsite backup) ?

If so, you could try utilising mongodump and mongorestore.

Are you referring to a long term stream mirroring data from Atlas to on-prem ? Depending on your use case, also look into tailing OpLog :

Initially MongoMirror looked promising but looks like it is the opposite of what we need (i.e. on-premise to Atlas only).

Not only mongomirror is the opposite direction, it’s a utility written for migration and not a long term stream case.

If you have further questions, please see Migration Suppport to file a support ticket.

Regards,
Wan.