Clarity on release process

Ross Lamont

Feb 7, 2018, 9:54:04 PM2/7/18
to mojohaus-dev
Hi all,

Doing a release (http://www.mojohaus.org/development/performing-a-release.html) for the first time, I couldn't work out what to do here:

  • Record the release date for the version in the plugin's GitHub project and create a new version for future development/issues.
I figure someone else might have this problem later.  Where do you record this, or is it even valid anymore?  GitHub automatically tags and dates the release.  Could this be only relevant for projects using the changes plugin, where there is a place for the release date? Or does this somehow relate to GitHub milestones?  I went with the later, but there was still nowhere to put the release date.

Cheers
Ross

Anders Hammar

Feb 9, 2018, 9:38:46 AM2/9/18
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
That is probably an old sentence inherited from the Codehaus JIRA days, which just have been changed to say Github instead of JIRA. It could probably be rewritten/improved.
Wrt Github I think what we need to do is to close the milestone. It is also possible to state the "due date", although I think that adding a due date when the release has been date is too late. So this sentence should instead state to close the milestone and create new milestones for future dev/issues.

Can you take care of updating this?

/Anders

Ross Lamont