[VOTE] aspectj-maven-plugin 1.12.0

Olivier Lamy

Jul 26, 2021, 10:02:06 PM7/26/21
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'd like to release aspectj-maven-plugin 1.12.0.
vote open 72H (with lazy consensus result)

+1
0
-1

cheers
--
Olivier

Phil Clay

Jul 26, 2021, 10:10:41 PM7/26/21
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olivier,

I'd like to see this new release be 1.13.0, or perhaps even 2.0.0, so that the new version is not confused with the previous forks that occurred while this project was inactive for several years.  See also https://github.com/mojohaus/aspectj-maven-plugin/issues/101

Phil

Ben M.

Jul 27, 2021, 2:58:04 AM7/27/21
to mojohaus-dev
Yes, I wanted to resolve the issue (but it got closed without me noticing it).

1.14.0 would also be fine for me, but you can make it a 2.0.0 if you like.
If there are good reasons to keep the 1.12.0, I would be willing to use that version as well.
An argument to keep 1.12.0 could be: Every software has forks, so we have overlapping version numbers.
That was never a problem.

That said, a 1.12.0 would also be ok for me.

Olivier Lamy

Jul 28, 2021, 7:43:41 AM7/28/21
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
Can we live with 1.12.0 or definitely not? :)

Phil Clay

Jul 28, 2021, 8:49:05 PM7/28/21
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
I personally would like to see it bumped to be clear that this version is "ahead" of the old forks.

Olivier Lamy

Jul 28, 2021, 9:48:21 PM7/28/21
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com
I guess "the user/customer is always right" 😂
I will cancel this staged release and cut 1.14.0
Everyone is fine with that?

Phil Clay

Jul 28, 2021, 9:49:34 PM7/28/21
to mojoha...@googlegroups.com