Apache 2.4.39 Win64 + Python 3.7.3 Win64

Sutera Harbour

Jun 12, 2019, 6:58:54 PM6/12/19
to modwsgi
Dear Sir,

I have the above VC15 or Visual Studio 2017 compiled of Apache and Python. Your Installation Guide says that I should be using the same version of Visual Studio compiled mod_wsgi.

Could you please advice if such binaries existed for mod_wsgi to work with the above version of Apache and Python?

Thank you and appreciate your efforts.

Regards,
Josh

Graham Dumpleton

Jun 12, 2019, 7:01:55 PM6/12/19
to mod...@googlegroups.com
I don't supply binaries for Windows and haven't done so for a very very very long time.

If you have the correct Windows compiler, you can compile it yourself. Unfortunately:

doesn't list compiler version for Python 3.7, so I don't know what you need to have.

Once can confirm if have the correct compiler, you can use pip to build it by doing:

    pip install mod_wsgi

Then run:

    mod_wsgi-express module-config

and copy the configuration snippet it outputs into your Apache config file.

Graham Dumpleton

Jun 12, 2019, 7:21:28 PM6/12/19
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Forgot one thing. For now, use:

    pip install mod_wsgi==4.6.5

There is an issue with 4.6.6 on Windows which needs to be fixed. If you attempt to use 4.6.6, the compilation will fail. I need to find time to fix it and make a new release.

Graham

Graham Dumpleton

Jun 12, 2019, 7:27:04 PM6/12/19
to mod...@googlegroups.com
The compiler version you need is documented at:

Sutera Harbour

Jun 12, 2019, 7:35:26 PM6/12/19
to modwsgi
Thank you and I shall try to compile mod_wsgi with VS 2017. Thanks again and appreciated.

Regards,
Josh