Host_Alive - check_ping and check_http with gearman

Miguel Angel Costas

Sep 24, 2020, 3:47:30 PM9/24/20
to mod_gearman
Hi All!!

I have implemented the newest version of Mod_Gearman in my Nagios Core Infrastracuture. I configured a worker in another site and when It checks services with NRPE worked fine but there are some checks like Host Alive - check_ssh  - Check_ping -check_http that run from the master server instead the worker. Could you help me to force that all this ckecks will do from the worker..

I  am new with mod_gearman, and I could't find documentation on the web.

Thanks!!

Sven Nierlein

Sep 25, 2020, 3:11:26 AM9/25/20
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com, Miguel Angel Costas
Hi,

The documentation is here: https://labs.consol.de/nagios/mod-gearman/
Have a look at the end of this section here:
https://labs.consol.de/nagios/mod-gearman/#_how_does_it_work
The Image "Which queue will be used".

Cheers,
 Sven

Miguel Angel Costas

Sep 25, 2020, 9:57:58 AM9/25/20
to Sven Nierlein, mod_g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven!

Thank you for helping me with this. The issue was solved leaving the host only in the hostgroup added to the gearman configuration. If I need to have hosts organized in many hostgroups, Do I have to add each hostgroup name in the gearman conf?

Best regards

David Good

Sep 25, 2020, 11:12:34 AM9/25/20
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com

Hosts can be members of multiple hostgroups.  Just create a hostgroup for all of the hosts you want to use the other site's gearman worker.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod_gearman/CANw1xA4NjHBWn4SELxZfOF%2B__8Os9nkzkCYRNbBLNuMe9ndBsg%40mail.gmail.com.