Cache and prioritize_critical_css filter reuse

Kevin

Nov 4, 2020, 1:08:50 PM11/4/20
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

I'm currently experimenting with this library, and was wondering if a certain funcionality is possible. For example, let's say I have a dynamic website, with pages generated on the fly with a structured URL like https://example.com/post/[some-dynamic-slug]. With this in place, as of my understanding, the prioritize_critical_css filter needs to access each auto generated page a couple of times until it does it's magic. But, given the nature of the structured dynamic content and static assets (yes, it's not a general use case, but bare with me), the Critical CSS will be pratically the same for each page generated at /post/[some-dynamic-slug]. The question is, is there a way to instruct mod-pagespeed to reuse it's previously calculated prioritize_critical_css given a pattern? I looked up the docs, but couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Joshua Marantz

Nov 4, 2020, 1:32:16 PM11/4/20
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I'm vaguely remembering discussion around an option to drop query-params from property-cache keys, but can't remember whether that feature got built. And I can't find it in the docs.

In that case if your structured URL was https://example.com/post?slug=some-dynamic-slug you'd be good to go.

I could also see some sort of suffix-drop configuration that would allow your exact URL pattern to work, but I don't think that exists.