Cannot debug using mockito-inline

John Buffington

Jan 21, 2021, 9:47:26 AM1/21/21
to mockito

Hi!

I have a few developers that like to debug their Unit tests, and we are seeing in projects that are now using mockito-inline (added as a testruntime library) that when we enter an object that has any mocked objects we are getting the following from the debugger

com.sun.jdi.InternalException: Got error code in reply:35 occurred retrieving 'this' from stack frame.

I suspect it has something to do with the bytebuddy manipulation of the code but so far we are stump.

We are still using java 8 and its happening across multiple versions of Eclipse. Let me know if I can add anything else to help.

Thank you!
John

Tim van der Lippe

Jan 21, 2021, 10:01:12 AM1/21/21
to mockito
I think you might be experiencing this issue: https://github.com/mockito/mockito/issues/2082 Do you mind providing reproduction steps on the GitHub issue to help us investigate what is going on?

John Buffington

Jan 21, 2021, 10:23:37 AM1/21/21
to mockito
Will do - and yup that looks exactly like our issue