ANN: Couchbase Mobile 1.2 is released!

Jens Alfke

Feb 4, 2016, 12:01:44 PM2/4/16
to Couchbase Mobile
We’ve just released Couchbase Mobile 1.2, a significant upgrade to each of the components. Here’s the official blog post. As always, you can download it here.* Or if you want to build yourself, check out the release/1.2.0 branch of any repo.

Of course there are zillions of improvements and fixes, but the big items are:

  • Sync Gateway manageability features, like the ability to take buckets offline and to purge obsolete documents.
  • Sync Gateway Accelerator, an optional service that greatly increases scaleability of multiple SG nodes.
  • The faster ForestDB storage engine is now available on all platforms of Couchbase Lite, and has been improved (automatic background compaction, better full-text search, etc.)
  • Database encryption (using AES-256) is now available on all platforms of Couchbase Lite, for both storage engines, and we include a build of SQLCipher to make it easier to build your app with SQLite encryption.

For more details you can peruse the release notes of Sync GatewayCBL iOS/Mac/tvOSCBL Java/AndroidCBL .NET.

Huge thanks to those of you who worked with prerelease code from the master branch, and submitted bug reports or even contributed patches! You helped make this a better release and we’re grateful.

—Jens

* CocoaPods users: We’ll have an updated podspec ready ASAP.

Todd Freese

Feb 13, 2016, 1:18:47 PM2/13/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Is there any documentation on Sync Gateway Accelerator?

Traun Leyden

Feb 15, 2016, 11:27:33 AM2/15/16
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Todd,

The docs on sg_accel are still pending, but we're looking to have them pushed up in the next week or so.

In the meantime we have some rough notes here:

Also, anything specific you are looking for?  Are you looking to find out how to use it, how it works, or both?

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Todd Freese <to...@filmworkers.com> wrote:
Is there any documentation on Sync Gateway Accelerator?

Todd Freese

Feb 15, 2016, 9:07:17 PM2/15/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Looking for how to use it.

atom992

Sep 16, 2016, 11:36:49 AM9/16/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Any update about document of Sync Gateway Accelerator?

James Nocentini

Sep 16, 2016, 12:58:31 PM9/16/16
to Couchbase Mobile

atom992

Sep 19, 2016, 12:02:49 PM9/19/16
to Couchbase Mobile
Thank you. some questions:
The architecture  of My project looks like as following:

CBLite  <--> SG
                       ^

                      Web

How should I configure CBLite side and Web side for add SG Accel Cluster?
As I understand, SG Accel Cluster offer write node, and SG Cluster offer read node,
so CBLite read data from SG,and write data to SG Accel;
Web read data from SG,and write data to SG Accel;
Am I right?

For CBLite, when I need pull  data from SG, I need post /_replicate as following
```
{
    "headers": {
              "Cookie":"SyncGatewaySession=287d228958b5d02c3dd652900cd74035a830165c"
          },
    "source": {
          "headers": {
              "Cookie":"SyncGatewaySession=287d228958b5d02c3dd652900cd74035a830165c"
          },
          "url":"http://SG_Cluster:4984/sgdb/"
    },
    "target" : "cbldb",
    "continuous" : true
}
```

when I need push  data to SG, I need post /_replicate as following
```
{
    "headers": {
              "Cookie":"SyncGatewaySession=287d228958b5d02c3dd652900cd74035a830165c"
          },
    "source":"cbldb" ,
    "target" : {
          "headers": {
              "Cookie":"SyncGatewaySession=287d228958b5d02c3dd652900cd74035a830165c"
          },
          "url":"http://SG_Accel_Cluster:4984/sgdb/"
    },
    "continuous" : true
}
```

And for Web, When I need read data from SG, I need get data from
```
http://SG_Cluster:4984/sgdb/<someDocs>
```
And when I need write data to SG,I need post data to
```
http://SG_Accel_Cluster:4984/sgdb/<someDocs>?rev=<some_rev> -d"<some json data>"
```

And Can I deploy SG_Accel_Node And SG_Node on the same mathine?

atom992

Sep 20, 2016, 12:01:21 AM9/20/16
to Couchbase Mobile
I am download sg_accel for MAC from http://packages.couchbase.com/releases/couchbase-sync-gateway/1.3.1/couchbase-sg-accel-enterprise_1.3.1-16_x86_64.tar.gz
but there is no sg_accel commend,and the file size is the same as couchbase-sync-gateway/bin/sync_gateway
the size is 24017612.

ad...@couchbase.com

Sep 20, 2016, 1:04:18 PM9/20/16
to Couchbase Mobile
@atom992 All web traffic should still be directed at the Sync Gateway node.  The sg_accel node moves the server mutation listener and channel caching work out of the individual Sync Gateway nodes - clients should be communicating with the sync_gateway node in the way they always have.

It looks like there's a packaging problem for Mac sg_accel - looking into that now.

atom992

Sep 20, 2016, 3:32:32 PM9/20/16
to Couchbase Mobile

ad...@couchbase.com

Sep 20, 2016, 7:40:43 PM9/20/16
to Couchbase Mobile
That's been updated now - it should have the correct version available from the download page now.  Thanks for pointing that out.

atom992

Sep 20, 2016, 11:56:26 PM9/20/16
to Couchbase Mobile
ok it works now.Thank you.