Android synching

Tim Smith

Jun 8, 2018, 12:27:02 PM6/8/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi, I'm creating cards on my PC but only using my tablet to memorise the cards. How do I sync the tablet with my PC to add the cards to my tablet but to keep the data on which cards I've learned from my tablet? Previously when I've synched the new cards have been added but it's also transferred across the user data showing I've memorised any cards.

Peter Bienstman

Jun 9, 2018, 12:36:57 AM6/9/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Syncing is designed to both add new cards as well as update the learning data for existing cards.

Not sure I understand what you're trying to to accomplish, but perhaps you need to use more than 1 account / data directory?

Cheers,

Peter

Jun 9, 2018, 6:58:58 AM6/9/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, I use the PC to input the cards but as I have RSI I find it much easier to learn using a tablet. When I sync to add the new cards I have added, it also carries over the user data to the tablet and deletes the progress I have made in learning.

Is there a way of adding new cards to my android tablet without destroying the progress made in learning?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "mnemosyne-proj-users" group.

Peter Bienstman

Jun 9, 2018, 7:49:21 AM6/9/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Still not sure I understand...

With syncing, it is perfectly possible to only use your pc for inputting and only use your phone for learning, without overwriting progress. You just need to take care not to touch the same card on both devices between syncs, like reviewing the same card on both devices, or reviewing it on one and editing it on the other.

Cheers,

Peter

Jun 12, 2018, 5:26:38 PM6/12/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi, I'm still having problems with synch. I input cards on my PC sync and then learn on my tablet. Each time I sync the app brings up the first cards I input and have learned not the new ones. What am I doing wrong?

Peter Bienstman

Jun 13, 2018, 3:00:57 AM6/13/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There might be some confusion here about how Mnemosyne's scheduling works: each day, it will first present you with all the cards that are due for today, and only then it will present you the new cards.

If you want to start on the new cards earlier, there's a special learning mode for that.

Cheers,

Peter