user-contributed decks

Ben Crowell

Oct 20, 2021, 12:36:39 PM10/20/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have a deck I would like to contribute to the web site. I followed the instructions at https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/sharing-cards , and I received an automated reply, which reads as follows:

> Thank you for registering at The Mnemosyne Project. Your application for an
> account is currently pending approval. Once it has been approved, you will
> receive another e-mail containing information about how to log in, set your
> password, and other details.

This was a couple of weeks ago, but I never received the follow-up email.

Peter Bienstman

Oct 21, 2021, 12:20:03 AM10/21/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users, Patrick Kenny
Putting Patrick, our webmaster, in Cc...

Thanks!

Peter

Ben Crowell

Oct 22, 2021, 10:33:49 AM10/22/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thanks for the reply. I still haven't heard anything.

Peter Bienstman

Oct 22, 2021, 11:51:29 AM10/22/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users, Patrick Kenny
Me neither, and I'm afraid it's not something I can do, sorry..

But I'm sure Patrick will respond eventually...

Cheers,

Peter

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021, 16:33 Ben Crowell, <googlec...@lightandmatter.com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I still haven't heard anything.

Patrick Kenny

Oct 22, 2021, 12:43:54 PM10/22/21
to Peter Bienstman, mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm sorry for the delay.

I've activated the account. The reason it got blocked is because there's a checkbox on the registration form that you are not supposed to check that got checked, which blocks the account. We did this to prevent bot registration, but it also blocks legitimate user accounts. I understand this is an annoyance but previously the website was seeing 100+ fake accounts a day and I had to do something.

Regards,
Patrick
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/fc06d542-06fb-45af-9eb9-f0d943dc33a6n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/fc06d542-06fb-45af-9eb9-f0d943dc33a6n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Ben Crowell

Oct 22, 2021, 2:59:52 PM10/22/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I see, thanks, Patrick. I guess I failed my reading comprehension test re the check box :-)

I submitted my deck, but some of the categories that appear on the web site were missing from the menu in the submission form. Since the one I wanted (Languages) wasn't available as a choice, I submitted my deck in the wrong category and then followed up at the link used to request creation of a new category and recategorization of my deck.

Ben Crowell

Oct 23, 2021, 11:10:45 AM10/23/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
The majority of user-contributed decks in the Business category from the last 5 years actually seem to belong in Languages. It looks like a bunch of people have been running into this problem.