Sync with constant latex errors

Christian K.

Aug 23, 2022, 12:31:02 PM8/23/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello.

I have been using Mnemosyne for quite a while now (years I suppose) and so far most things have been fine.

But right now I am running against a wall with a "problem with latex. are latex and dvipng installed"-issue.

Background:

I switched to a new phone (jumped from Android 8 to 13). Old phone was working fine (it worked in conjunction with 2.6 of the Desktop version of Mnemosyne).

On the new phone I installed Mnemosyne using the Play Store and immediately tried to sync (with 2.6 desktop). Did not work out too well -> so I upgraded to 2.9 of the Desktop version. Now the sync worked, but latex cards did not work.
I "fixed" the issue but reinstalling the app on the phone, restarting the phone and resyncing. I could now do repetitions, including latex-cards.

Next day ...

Latex cards show the error again. Solution: Sync current progress to desktop, delete app files, resync. Cards work now.

Next days ...

Same issue again and again. Not just cards that had no repetitions on the new phone, as of today also a card that worked yesterday (after the whole delete and resync).

Someone an idea what the issue might be?

Peter Bienstman

Aug 23, 2022, 12:34:28 PM8/23/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Do you have any custom changes to the latex variables in config.py? https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/advanced-preferences.php.

You should make sure config.py on your phone has the same changes, otherwise it will not recognise the files it got from your desktop.

Cheers,

Peter

Christian K.

Aug 23, 2022, 3:17:41 PM8/23/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thank you for your quick response.

Now that you ask, memory slowly crawls back. Yes. I added these two packages:

pack.png

What I have done now (phone):
1. Export Data to [Folder]
2. Replaced config.py in [Folder/Mnemosyne backup 20220823_185217] with config.py from C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Mnemosyne
3. Imported Data from [Folder/Mnemosyne backup 20220823_185217]
4. Exported Data again to see if the changes were in effect.

Is there an better way of doing this?

When looking at the config.py in the test export (4.) I found something weird. Parts repeat themselves at the end. Only the part visible in the screenshot. I hope that is not a problem. I have attached my full config.py (desktop) in case. Maybe there is something missing, since it is from early 2018 at the very least?

weird.png

Otherwise I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if this solves the problem. I will give an update either way.

Greetings,
Christian
config.zip

Peter Bienstman

Aug 23, 2022, 3:20:36 PM8/23/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Yes, that's the correct way of editing config.py now, thanks to Google's new restrictive policies.

You have a syntax error in your config. Just remove line 55

Peter

Christian K.

Aug 24, 2022, 12:08:25 PM8/24/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I though as much.

Today everything worked fine. I removed the last empty line from my config as you suggested, which also fixed the doubling lines in said file after export. Thank you again.

Christian

Peter Bienstman

Aug 24, 2022, 12:09:02 PM8/24/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users