Sync error - Deleting same fact twice

abaku...@arcor.de

May 21, 2018, 12:09:44 PM5/21/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups com
Screenshot_2018-05-21-17-58-01.png
Screenshot_2018-05-21-17-59-50.png
Screenshot_2018-05-21-17-59-55.png

Peter Bienstman

May 22, 2018, 7:28:46 AM5/22/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I see you have quite a few cards which contain two tags like: “main” and “main::sub”. Normally, they should only have the second tag, as the first one is completely superfluous. Due to a bug in Mnemosyne, these cards show up as ‘untagged’ too.

I will look into this for the next release, but for now, I suggest you do a fresh sync from scratch, and for any new cards you create, make sure they don’t have these double tags.

Cheers,

Peter

May 23, 2018, 5:15:13 PM5/23/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups com

Hello Peter,

I can not look at the "easiness" of a main1 tag, if there is a main1::sub tag (look at the attached screenshot) . There is no main tag called "Turkish", because of its sub tags.

No, I don't want to activate any cards. Or in other words: I don't want create a set of cards. I just want to select any tag in the cards browser (set a tick) and then select only those cards, which also have the tag "Starred".

Example: Select all cards that have the tags "Starred" AND "Turkish::Family". This would select all Turkish::Family cards, which are starred, so that I can edit, correct, verify or make them better.

In SQL you could just use the AND operator to get this result.
In the software this could be a checkbox, a search box or even a shortcut, if you want to keep the user interface simple.

You have mentioned the activate cards window. I think, you don't really need this menu, when you do your repetitions on your smartphone. It would be more convenient to have all tags to be card sets. A search feature on the smartphone to select sets or/and an order tags/sets (because a tag would be the same as a set) feature on the pc would be nice. The tag on top of this list would be the active cards set. Done! :) Guess what?! The next active set would be the second tag. :) You would even get a schedule feature for nothing. :)) The same order of sets/tags on the phone. And the best feature ever: "No more "creating tags" and afterwards  "creating card sets from tags". :)))

Hmmm... I really should make this a feature request, because I would get everything I have ever been hoping for. Except:  "Edit cards on smartphone" feature.

@Everybody please vote for this feature ;) :

https://mnemosyne.uservoice.com/forums/164265-general/suggestions/34332277-all-tags-should-be-card-sets

Have a good night! And thank you for this software!

Cheers,

Abakus

> Am 23.05.2018 10:04 schrieb Peter Bienstman <Peter.B...@UGent.be>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> What statistics of the “main” tag are you talking about? In the deck browser, the number next to the main tag will also include all the other cards from the subtags.
>>

>> With respect to your other request, I’m guessing that what you want is on option in activate ‘having all of these tags’?
>>

>> If so, feel free to add a feature request to uservoice, so that people can vote for it.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Peter

IMG_20180523_211433.jpg