Re: [mnemosyne-proj-users] How can I print physical cards?

Message has been deleted

Peter Bienstman

Dec 21, 2015, 12:34:13 AM12/21/15
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Apart from exporting your cards to a txt file and printing that, this is not supported...

Peter

On 21 December 2015 03:07:12 CET, Steve Collins <sc2...@gmail.com> wrote:
A group of amateur woodworkers that I recently joined has a 200-question safety test on 17 pieces of powered woodworking equipment.  For my own benefit and the benefit of new members after me, I hope to set up flashcards to learn this material.  I think there would be 1000 to 2000 cards.

I have been researching flashcard programs.  The program chosen should be:
1.  Free
2.  Able to print physical cards
3.  Good for drilling with the computer
4.  Usable by people who are not computer-sophisticated

The websites of the several programs I have researched all seem the same.  They brag about all the sophisticated efficiency-boosting algorithms they use and all the fancy media you can put on virtual cards, and how you can sync with this and that and your iphone.  However, apparently none of the ones I've seen actually print physical cards.

Will Mnemosyne print physical flashcards?

If it will not, and you know of a program that will, I would appreciate a referral.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Oisín Mac Fhearaí

Dec 21, 2015, 5:21:04 AM12/21/15
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps there is a plugin for this already? It seems like a nice feature, albeit outside the program's scope - that is, to keep track of and manage your revision schedule based on the "forgetting curve" principles.

Ayesha Nicole

Aug 10, 2017, 9:17:35 PM8/10/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good Evening!

I am wondering if printing the cards is a feature yet?  I want to use one program for creating flashcards to use online (with audio), and Mnemosyne does not synch with any mobile apps (yet), I want to be able to print them out for 'on the go'.

I found this interesting site, for Bible Scripture memorization, that allows one to print flashcards - unsure how that was programmed - will leave that you to figure out :

https://scripturetyper.com/

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ayesha

Peter Bienstman

Aug 11, 2017, 2:51:50 AM8/11/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Currently the only way to print out cards is to export them to txt and then postprocess them in Word, e.g.

BTW, there is an Android app for offline reviewing on the move.

Cheers,

Peter

Ayesha Nicole

Aug 13, 2017, 9:14:32 PM8/13/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users

Hmmm - it is too much work and not enough time. Would you please create printing capabilities with features such as these?:

http://www.flashmybrain.com/print-flash-cards.php

Thank you.

Peter Bienstman

Aug 14, 2017, 12:45:54 AM8/14/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is a feature request for this on uservoice. Feel free to add your vote to this.

Cheers,

Peter