Card order after import

iza...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2017, 7:50:12 AM8/11/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good morning, afternoon, evening or night depending on where you are :)

I am making a set of cards for a friend to help him revise. It will be best if he can see them in a particular order. However, I am not always able to make the cards in this order. How can I ensure that when he imports the cards and starts learning he gets the first first, the second second etc.. and not the cards in the order I made them?

They will all be front-back cards only and I have numbered the front side questions, answers on back are not numbered.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can reply to this with advice :)
Iza

Peter Bienstman

Aug 11, 2017, 7:56:17 AM8/11/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you're using the *.cards format, the order will be the order you create them in.

Alternative is that you export to txt, and manually reorder the lines.

Or, perhaps you can work with tags (lesson1, lesson2, ...) and selectively activating a tag to study.

Cheers,

Peter

Iza 0187

Aug 11, 2017, 8:43:36 AM8/11/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I like this option: Alternative is that you export to txt, and manually reorder the lines.
But what happens to pictures?
Thanks again

Op vrijdag 11 augustus 2017 13:56:17 UTC+2 schreef Peter Bienstman:
Hi,

If you're using the *.cards format, the order will be the order you create them in.

Alternative is that you export to txt, and manually reorder the lines.

Or, perhaps you can work with tags (lesson1, lesson2, ...) and selectively activating a tag to study.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Bienstman

Aug 11, 2017, 9:05:04 AM8/11/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

They will turn up as html tags in the exported file. You will then need to manually send the pictures along, or reimport the txt file in a blank database, and then export to a *.cards file.

Cheers,

Peter

Iza 0187

Aug 11, 2017, 11:06:32 AM8/11/17