Not able to open Mnemosyne

Simrandeep Motay

Nov 17, 2022, 2:40:01 AM11/17/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to come to.

I normally use Mnemosyne quite frequently but yesterday, this message pops up and says to pass it on to the developers.

Would someone be able to help me, as I would lose 4000 flashcards if I am not able to access it

I have copied the message down below:

An unexpected error has occurred.
Please forward the following info to the developers:
Traceback (innermost last):
File "mnemosyne\pygt uilmnemosyne", line 278, in < module»
File "mnemosyneVlibmnemosyne\ init py", line 451, in initialise File "mnemosyneVlibmnemosynel init py", line 573, in start review File "mnemosyne \libmnemosyne|controllers\ default controller.py", line 114, in set_study_mode
File
"mnemosyne\libmnemosyne|study_modes\scheduled_forgotten_new.py", line 23, in activate
File "mnemosyneVlibmnemosyne\review _controllers\SM2 _controller.py", line 53, in reset
File "mnemosyne\libmnemosyne\review_controllers|SM2_controller.py", line 115, in show_new_question
File "mnemosyne\ libmnemosyne\review_controllers\SM2 controller.py", line 196, in update_dialog
File "mnemosyne\libmnemosyne\review_controllers\SM2_controller.py", line 236, in update _qa area
File "mnemosyne\pygt_ui\review _wdgt.py", line 252, in clear_answer
File "mnemosyne\pygt_ui\review _wdgt.py", line 150, in update stretch factors
File "mnemosyne\pygt_ui\review_wdgt.py", line 126, in estimate_height
File "PIL\/mage.py", line 2929, in open
File "PIL\/mage.py", line 2916, in _open_core
File "PILVmage.py", line 2828, in _decompression_bomb_check
PIL.Image.DecompressionBombError: Image size (221495296 pixels) exceeds limit of 178956970 pixels, could be decompression bomb DOS attack.

Kind regards,
Sim.

Peter Bienstman

Nov 17, 2022, 2:43:44 AM11/17/22
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
The issue seems to be with a particular image file. Can you try deleting the last image(s) you added from <your mnemosyne directory>/default.db-media?

Don't worry, as soon as we figure out which image is corrupt and causes problems, you'll be able to get back to your cards.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Bienstman

Nov 18, 2022, 3:21:28 AM11/18/22
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Any luck? If you have difficulty finding the offending file, I can create a custom debug version for you which will display that information.

Peter

Simrandeep Motay

Dec 30, 2022, 3:08:45 PM12/30/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter,

Sorry, I did not reply to you sooner, I was notified that you responded.
But with your advice, I managed to fix the issue, thank you so much!

Happy New Year,
Sim.