Find and Replace?

John Smith

Feb 2, 2018, 11:41:11 PM2/2/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have a deck with 9000 cards. There is old html code in there that I don't want. I'm going through card by card, but this is going to take time. I found where I can search for text, but is there a way to replace that text on all cards with other text?

Thanks for your help. Regards,

John

Peter Bienstman

Feb 3, 2018, 12:35:00 AM2/3/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
It's not yet integrated in the ui, but if you install Mnemosyne as a library inside your regular Python distribution (not for the faint of heart under Windows), there is a script which does this.

Cheers,

Peter

Feb 3, 2018, 8:51:41 AM2/3/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Yeah, I'm going to need that dumbed down a bit with steps. :)

I was thinking maybe there was a way I can export it out to something, edit it (in Excel? Notepad? some other Python program), and then import it back in, but I'd need help with that,  too. I don't want to lose any of the field data in the conversion. Any ideas? Right now, it looks like it will take me 22 hours to go through all the cards.

Regards,
John