Sync DB Externally

Javier

Mar 14, 2022, 8:40:12 AM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have solved file synchronization with my phone, in general. I'd like to use the same approach with Mnemosyne but files are stored in the private app storage.

I'd like an option for Mnemosyne to store the DB outside of the app's private data dir so that I can sync it externally.

I understand this could be achieved manually importing and exporting every time but it's cumbersome and I'll forget and changes will be overwritten.

Is this feature wanted or does it go against your design choices?

Best regards,
Javier

Peter Bienstman

Mar 14, 2022, 11:12:15 AM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

It's not against my design choices, but against those of Google :-)

What you propose is how it worked in the past, but Google unfortunately made that option more cumbersome as well as a lot slower...

Peter

Javier

Mar 14, 2022, 4:41:12 PM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Do you think it might be implemented in the future?

Peter Bienstman

Mar 14, 2022, 4:42:29 PM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have already implemented all that Google lets me implement, by providing for export/import to the shared storage...