Deactivating Cards

etu...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2018, 10:40:08 AM4/14/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi!

I've synced the android app with my windows computer mnemosyne while some cards were deactivated.
Whenever I try to activate cards on my phone it tells me: 'You don't have any saved sets defined. Please do so in the desktop app.'.

In the desktop app I've tagged cards in different categories and there activating the others is not a problem. When I sync with all cards activated I can't deactivate them in the android app.

Can you explain to me, how to change categories on my phone?

Thanks!

Greetings from Germany!

Pia

Peter Bienstman

Apr 15, 2018, 12:36:07 AM4/15/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After you deactivate some cards on your desktop, use the option to save this set for later use. That way, you can give this selection a name, which you can then use to refer to it on Android.

Cheers,

Peter

Apr 15, 2018, 7:03:57 AM4/15/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Perfect, that works!
Thank you!

syli...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2020, 3:36:04 PM3/18/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I downloaded some cards from the website, put them into Mnemosyne and deactivated them (for now). However when I sync with my Android app, they appear.
I tried the following: On the desktop app save a set with the (de)activated cards, named it say “joe”. Then I synced with the android app. Then I selected “(de)activate cards”, selected the set “joe” that appeared. Result: the same cards are asked, as before.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Peter

Peter Bienstman (UGent-imec)

Mar 19, 2020, 4:05:43 AM3/19/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

First of all, make sure you have the latest version of Mnemosyne both on your desktop and on your phone. Then, delete (or backup) /sdcard/Mnemosyne on your phone, and sync again from scratch.

Hopefully this solves the issue, but let me know if it does not.

Cheers,

Peter

syli...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 11:23:54 AM3/19/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter,

my desktop version is up to date (2.7.1). I uninstalled the app on my phone and installed it again. Synced it again. Then I did my scheduled cards. Then it said “you have done all your scheduled cards, now you can learn as many new ones as you want” or something like that. When I synced back again, on my computer I saw just 2 “not memorized” cards (which I had gotten wrong on the phone).
So that's already better: I can do the cards on my phone and will receive a message when I did my scheduled cards.
However: on the phone it still has some 400 cards on “active” while I actually deactivated them on the computer. And it didn't ask me for the 2 “not memorized” cards on the phone (I guess they would come up after I did all the actually-not-active cards).

Thank you man, just also hoping to improve the software,

Peter

Peter Bienstman (UGent-imec)

Mar 19, 2020, 12:15:04 PM3/19/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Did you resync again after you deactivated the cards on your desktop?

Peter

Mar 19, 2020, 7:56:10 PM3/19/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Yes, I resynced, and I also tapped on the set after tapping on “(de)activate cards” on the android app.

Peter Bienstman (UGent-imec)

Mar 20, 2020, 3:50:16 AM3/20/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

What happens if you don’t use the saved sets option on the desktop, nor the “(de)activate cards” on Android, but just activate cards on the desktop and then sync to your phone?

Cheers,

Peter

Mar 20, 2020, 2:49:07 PM3/20/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I deleted the set on the desktop so that there were no sets anymore. Synced with the app, checked by tapping on “(de)activate cards” that there were also no sets. It still shows the actually-deactivated cards.

Peter Bienstman (UGent-imec)

Mar 21, 2020, 1:33:12 AM3/21/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. I'll look into this more, but things are a bit disrupted here because of corona...

Cheers,

Peter

Mar 21, 2020, 4:25:05 PM3/21/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Peter, I found the solution!
However I think it's exactly what you said at the beginning. The first time I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it without deleting the folders on the phone. (I thought they would be deleted automatically.)

SOLUTION: Delete the app, and delete the remaining folder „Mnemosyne“ on the phone. Install the app again. Sync and it should work and deactivated cards should be deactivated.

Cheers

Peter Bienstman (UGent-imec)

Mar 22, 2020, 1:52:22 AM3/22/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com