Importing questions

Ayesha Nicole

Nov 30, 2017, 11:13:07 AM11/30/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good Morning!

I am wanting to import from an .xls into Mnemosyne and unsure how to set up the columns and the process for importing?

I currently have columns for:  Source Book / Part # / Chapter / Arabic / English / part of speech

I want to use the "source book, part #, and chapter" as tags that Mnemosyne recognizes - how can do I do that, please?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ayesha

Peter Bienstman

Dec 1, 2017, 1:59:57 AM12/1/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Rearrange  your excel file so that you have 4 columns: foreign word, pronunciation, translation, notes.

Then, you can export this to a tsv (tab-separated values) files which you can import into Mnemosyne.

Importing fields to become tags is not supported currently.

Cheers,

Peter