Mnemosyne silent crash. Android 4.2.2

Роман Зайруллин

Dec 16, 2017, 11:30:53 AM12/16/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
After installing from Google play (version 1.6), app crashed with useless message "В приложении произошла ошибка". I've try reporting from standard android form, hope, this will be more informative, but can't see it. Anyway, if way to read more informative crash messages and fix problem exists, I'll glad to know it.

Peter Bienstman

Dec 16, 2017, 11:38:18 AM12/16/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
What was the last version of the Android app you used successfully?

There are indeed issues with the libraries we use on a small number of devices, but these should also have occurred on the previous version.

Cheers,

Peter

jur...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2017, 1:06:53 AM12/27/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm also experiencing the same prolem with version 1.6. Mnemosyne crashes on startup without any message. It just says it's "Initializing Mnemosyne"
My phone is a Huawei P8 lite, model number ALE-L21, Android version 6.0
Thanks for any help.
Your app is very userul to me.
Best regards

Peter Bienstman

Dec 27, 2017, 1:08:57 AM12/27/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, currently Mnemosyne crashes on these phones. I'm currently rewriting the Android client to switch out the problematic library.

Cheers,

Peter