Arabic numbers display problem?

Ayesha Nicole

Dec 31, 2017, 3:17:48 PM12/31/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good Afternoon,

How do we fix this display issue of numbers?

The first image "2_163" is a screenshot of the original text, and the second image "2_163 in Mnemosyne" is what happens when pasted into Mnemoysne.

What is the solution, please?

The first download link (with the green arrow, on the left side) is the font itself and the second one is the document I am using:

http://fonts.qurancomplex.gov.sa/?page_id=42

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ayesha

2_163.png
2_163 in Mnemosyne.png

Peter Bienstman

Jan 1, 2018, 1:58:49 AM1/1/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Never seen these numbers inside a calligraphic circle before.

The fact that they get split up when pasting into Mnemosyne is not something under my direct control, but rather handled by the Ui toolkit we use.

Until they fix this, I suggest using non-circled numbers instead.

Cheers,

Peter

Jan 1, 2018, 1:20:13 PM1/1/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi there.

Thank you.  Hmmm - this specific font has the 'calligraphic circle' as part of the numbers and they only display within it.

What is the UI toolkit and the developers/programmars for it?  And I will contact them to see if they can fix this issue.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Ayesha

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 1:58:49 AM UTC-5, Peter Bienstman wrote:
Hi,

Never seen these numbers inside a calligraphic circle before.

The fact that they get split up when pasting into Mnemosyne is not something under my direct control, but rather handled by the Ui toolkit we use.

Until they fix this, I suggest using non-circled numbers instead.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Bienstman

Jan 2, 2018, 1:26:13 AM1/2/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 It's Qt5.

Cheers,

Peter

Jan 17, 2018, 2:57:33 PM1/17/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi there again.

When speaking with QT, they are asking that we submit a bug report - how do I do that, please?

Peter Bienstman

Jan 18, 2018, 3:01:03 AM1/18/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If you google ‘Qt bug report”, you’ll find their bug tracker site.

Cheers,

Peter

Ayesha Nicole

Jan 26, 2019, 1:37:19 AM1/26/19
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi there again.  Hope all is well with you and yours.  I am back to this project.  :)  And I contacted the font developer and this is what he said:

from the font creator of http://fonts.qurancomplex.gov.sa/wp02/%D8%AD%D9%81%D8%B5

"Still some application doesn't render Hafs font correctly, and the applications you're talking about, I think are mostly for Smartphones or maybe desktop version also available. Unfortunately I never heard about these applications. What I got the result that many many applications for smartphones do not support Full Unicode and Open type features, they just have basic unicode facility.

So, this is the limitations of the software and not the font. Still I've an issue with displaying Ayat number in Google Chrome browser for Desktop. So you can understand that I can't fix my font easily for the applications not support OTF."

So - how can Mnemosyne's code be tweaked to display/render the font correctly, please?

Thanks!

Ayesha

Peter Bienstman

Jan 27, 2019, 12:49:32 AM1/27/19
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Qt does use the Google Chrome rendering engine, so there's nothing I can do myself about it I'm afraid...

Peter