Won't sync - "timeout when trying to connect to server!"

Dean Amine

Sep 5, 2017, 8:17:35 PM9/5/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users

I have been using mnemosyne on 2 devices (computer and android) for a while and this has never happened. I have the IP, port, username, and password correct. I made sure to have both fully updated. Still, this is the error message I get.

Peter Bienstman

Sep 6, 2017, 3:02:53 AM9/6/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Make sure you haven’t set up an additional firewall / virus scanner or changed some of your router settings.

Also, can you try deleting /sdcard/Mnemosyne (provided your latest data is on your computer) and try again with a full sync?

Cheers,

Peter

Dean Amine

Sep 9, 2017, 11:42:50 PM9/9/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I guess I needed to have wireless enabled; I thought it could be done with my data plan. Sorry for the dumb question!

Peter Bienstman

Sep 10, 2017, 12:25:34 AM9/10/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
I guess if you're on wifi you're probably on the same network as your sync server, whereas on cell phone data you need to pass your router from the outside in. Probably configuring your router to open up the port mnemosyne uses would help.

Cheers,

Peter

I guess I needed to have wireless enabled; I thought it could be done with my data plan. Sorry for the dumb question!