Changing the host server?

Mike Etzkorn

May 18, 2017, 5:40:43 PM5/18/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hey,

I got a  new laptop and want to use that as my host server for syncing between the new laptop and my phone. I've manually transferred the flashcards over to my new computer, but I'm not sure how to sync between my phone and my new laptop. It just has a timeout error whenever I try to sync.

Regards
Mike  Etzkorn

Peter Bienstman

May 19, 2017, 2:51:49 AM5/19/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

The first thing I would check is making sure that on your new laptop Mnemosyne is running and you’ve enabled the sync server there. Also check if you’ve updated the IP address on your phone to reflect the move to the new machine.

Cheers,

Peter

Mike Etzkorn

Mike Etzkorn

I got a  new laptop and want to use that as my host server for syncing between the new laptop and my phone. I've manually transferred the flashcards over to my new computer, but I'm not sure how to sync between my phone and my new laptop. It just has a timeout error whenever I try to sync.

Regards

Mike  Etzkorn

Peter Bienstman

May 20, 2017, 12:40:45 AM5/20/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps there's a firewall on the new machine?

Peter

May 22, 2017, 12:27:33 PM5/22/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Mike,

I can describe how I have done it. I still run both servers on my desktop and on my laptop.

When I wanted to transfer everything to my laptop, I just synchronized from my desktop to my smartphone. Next I installed mnemosyne on the laptop, and I activated the server. I didn't transfer anything by hand. I just synchronized the last state of the smartphone to my laptop.

I always use one or the other, but never simultaneously!

When I am done working at my desktop, I synchronize to my smartphone.
If I decide to continue working on my laptop, the first thing I do is synchronize from the smartphone to the laptop.

Hope this helps.
Antonio

akai...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 8:18:55 AM7/1/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:09:07 PM UTC-7, Mike Etzkorn wrote:
> I've double checked everything. Both wifis. The username/password/port# are all correct. the Ip address is correct. I've disabled the old host server on the old computer. I still can't get the cards on my phone that I do onto the new server. They won't sync for some reason. I can sync with the old computer no problem, but I can't seem to get it to work on the new one.
>
> On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 1:51:49 AM UTC-5, Peter Bienstman wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> The first thing I would check is making sure that on your new laptop Mnemosyne is running and you’ve enabled the sync server there.
> Also check if you’ve updated the IP address on your phone to reflect the move to the new machine.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Peter

Mike...I had the same problem, but I found out that it was due to my antivirus program firewall (Eset Internet Security). So if you haven't yet solved this problem and using an antivirus program (may be any other antivirus), then you should definitely go to your antivirus firewall settings and allow (access <both directions>) mnemosyne. This will most likely solve the problem