Slow card transitions in Mnemosyne 2.10.1

Visto 37 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Adam Fine

no leída,
11 mar 2023, 2:11:5611/3/23
a mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello,

I recently upgraded to 2.10.1 and am running into an issue - every few cards, either the answer or the next card takes significantly longer than usual (~1s) to appear. The change in timing disrupts my rhythm and makes carding much more inefficient. In previous versions of Mnemosyne this occurs much more rarely.

Here is a video that demonstrates - see 1:30 for an example of a particularly slow card.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,
Adam

Peter Bienstman

no leída,
11 mar 2023, 2:14:3711/3/23
a mnemosyne-proj-users
Which version did you run previously? Does changing the autosave interval affect how often it occurs?

I have to say that performance on my phone is also a bit better than on my laptop. I have done some profiling, but couldn't find anything obvious.

Peter

Adam Fine

no leída,
11 mar 2023, 2:51:1611/3/23
a mnemosyne-proj-users
I upgraded from 2.9 to 2.10.1 today. I have used Mnemosyne since roughly 2.3.0 (on the same or similar laptops) and this is the first version to exhibit this behavior.

I increased the autosave interval from 10 to 25, no effect unfortunately.

Thanks,
Adam

Peter Bienstman

no leída,
11 mar 2023, 2:54:1211/3/23
a mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
I did not change anything to the core code of the program, the only thing I did was upgrading the underlying libraries. The cause has to lie there then, and I'm afraid it's out of my control.

Although I do have to say that 2.10 has about the same performance for me as 2.9, but much earlier versions of Mnemosyne were a lot speedier.

Hopefully a new version of the libraries helps in the future...

Peter

Adam Fine

no leída,
11 mar 2023, 6:24:4411/3/23
a mnemosyne-proj-users
Very strange! For now I'll downgrade to 2.9 or 2.8 or something (I saw the earlier post about deleting config.db so should be fine) and will await future releases :)

Thanks for all the help!

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar