Automatic detection of non-latin fonts (e.g. Chinese) ?

Nick Cross

Mar 14, 2018, 8:10:21 AM3/14/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello,

Mnemosyne changed my life!  It is early days but I will now see if it can help me to learn how to read Simplified Chinese.

Is there any way to have Mnemosyne handle multiple fonts on a card without a lot of coding on each card?
Specifically, it would be great if Mnemosyne could automatically detect when there is a Chinese character and a non-latin font is needed?
Right now, Mnemosyne can automatically increase the size of non-latin fonts.

I really like how the characters are presented in KaiTi (as suggested on the forum).  Other standard latin-based fonts will change the look from what appears in my textbooks.

The problem is that my notes in English for the cards look awful in KaiTi.  It is distracting.

Every day, I start by studying my French cards where I use the regular font (Arial).  When I am done with all of my French cards.  Next, I go into Study and activate the Chinese cards.  I then have to go into Settings and Configuration and to change the font to KaiTi.
It is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Bienstman

Mar 14, 2018, 8:14:51 AM3/14/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you clone the Vocabulary card type in e.g. a card type Chinese, you can set the font and size separately for this cart type and even separately for each field in the card type.

Cheers,

Peter