No menu on new Installation (Ubuntu 16.04)

bruce.cha...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 6:05:28 AM9/16/16
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi

After install and setup program runs and functions, except there is no menu. There are icons which work but no "File ..."

Downloaded tar from http://mnemosyne-proj.org/download-mnemosyne.php today, version displayed is 2.3.6

I have deleted and reinstalled same result.

I have reloaded dependencies as per readme, same result.

When running 'python setup.py install' two warnings are displayed:

1) Unknown distribution option: 'app'
2) Unknown distribution option: 'windows'

Otherwise no issues with setup.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Kind Regards

Bruce

Peter Bienstman

Sep 16, 2016, 6:08:21 AM9/16/16
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you have the same problems with the (lower) version that is packaged with Ubuntu itself? Perhaps installing that version will pull in some dependencies you need for the later version too.

If you start Mnemosyne from the terminal, do you see any useful error messages?

Cheers,

Peter
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/991d048c-494e-
> 4fe7-a781-7088f48299d1%40googlegroups.com.

bruce.cha...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 6:49:06 AM9/16/16
to mnemosyne-proj-users, bruce.cha...@gmail.com
Hi Peter

Thanks for your prompt response.

Running 2.3.6 from terminal produces no errors, program runs without menu but otherwise it runs.

No errors are logged that I can find, e.g. /var/log etc

Just tried installing via apt (installs 2.2.1-3) and all works.

Thanks for your input. Should have tried that option first.

Kind Regards Bruce

Peter Bienstman

Sep 16, 2016, 7:06:25 AM9/16/16
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Now that the earlier version works, you might try installing the latest version from source again.

Cheers,

Peter