How can I reset internal sync info?

Mateusz Konieczny

Nov 15, 2021, 3:45:36 AM11/15/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have run into the first sync taking forever (which I reported as https://github.com/mnemosyne-proj/mnemosyne/issues/206 ).

So I stopped mnemosyne to start it in a command line, because I wanted to see
its stdout/stderr.

But now mnemosyne sync fails with "signed integer greater than maximum".

(sorry for image of text but error popup has unselectable text).

How can I reset sync data to start from scratch?

I searched for this specific error and have not found anything.

Peter Bienstman

Nov 15, 2021, 3:50:04 AM11/15/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Depending on your Android version, either delete /sdcard/Mnemosyne and/or uninstall mnemosyne. That way you can start from scratch. Don't interrupt the sync server when it's processing the latex media files.

Peter

Mateusz Konieczny

Nov 15, 2021, 6:07:10 AM11/15/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I already tried it (via deleting app data0. I now reinstalled app, the same error appears.

Is it possible that corrupted data is on PC? How can I reset sync data on the computer? No other devices are syncing, so fully clearing sync data is fine.

Peter Bienstman

Nov 15, 2021, 6:10:27 AM11/15/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
What you can do is delete the pregenerated latex files on the server. They should be inside your Mnemosyne data directory (see here on where to find it https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/backups.php) in a directory default.db_media/latex (make sure not to delete the rest, though!)

Peter

mateusz

Nov 23, 2021, 7:46:47 AM11/23/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
So I should delete entire default.db_media/_latex folder, right?

> >> --
> > send an email to mnemosyne-proj-u...@googlegroups.com.
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/882e0276-58e3-4884-b803-c9c097523121n%40googlegroups.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/882e0276-58e3-4884-b803-c9c097523121n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

Peter Bienstman

Nov 23, 2021, 7:47:12 AM11/23/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users

mateusz

Nov 23, 2021, 8:36:56 AM11/23/21
to Peter Bienstman, mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
I tried once more:

- reinstalled app
- deleted default.db_media/_latex folder

Still failed with
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/899988/141748994-685cbd29-5389-4e48-9d4e-ae42c236e5ca.png

Looking at
https://github.com/mnemosyne-proj/mnemosyne/blob/8c1db97f33b468b90683ae881b87e2736e496741/mnemosyne/android_python/main_widget.py#L43
it seems to be crash in interface, so maybe I should try compiling my
own app with this commented out?

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:46:58 +0100

Oisín Mac Fhearaí

Nov 23, 2021, 7:21:53 PM11/23/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure why the maximum value would be big enough to overflow a signed int. Maybe it's a 32 bit int in the Android client, so when it's syncing really large files for example (>2gb?) it could trigger this overflow since it uses the total size of the files as the range for the progress bar (https://github.com/mnemosyne-proj/mnemosyne/blob/8c1db97f33b468b90683ae881b87e2736e496741/openSM2sync/client.py#L584).
Instead it might be better to keep track of the downloaded ratio as a percentage and set the maximum range of the progress bar to 100.