[mnemosyne-project-users] Deleting same tag twice

abaku...@arcor.de

Jul 13, 2017, 10:57:26 AM7/13/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups com
Am 13.07.2017 16:23 schrieb abaku...@arcor.de:

Hi guys,

error messages attached.

A bug:

I have tried to rename a tag with a space and another tag. The result has been one tag with a comma in it's name and another tag inside.

XX::fun to be, XX::fun

Another problem:

There are untagged cards a the end of the "all tags" tag. When I click on this tag, I get an error message (browse_cards_dlg.py line 839 in update_filter, see photo attached)

By the way:

1. Autocomplete for tags doesn't work, when you rename a tag.
2. Autocomplete for tags should not add a comma.

Cheers,

Abakus

IMG_20170713_161504.jpg
Screenshot_2017-07-13-15-52-26.png

Peter Bienstman

Jul 24, 2017, 10:07:04 AM7/24/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling.

I’ve reproduced your bug regarding clicking on ‘untagged cards’ in the browser.

For your other bug report, can you tell me more explicitly what the original tag was, to what you wanted to rename it, and to what tag(s) it ended up?

Commas are used to separated different tags, but if they end up inside a tag, that should not happen.

Cheers,

Peter

abaku...@arcor.de

Jul 27, 2017, 11:02:29 AM7/27/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Peter,

you can reproduce it like this:

1. create a tag with any name.

2. rename the tag to "XX::fun to be, XX::fun" (enter this complete string) by right-clicking the tag in the browser window

3. Two tags will be created: "XX::fun to be, XX" and "XX::fun to be, XX::fun" (note, the first tag's name contains a comma)

I can't reproduce the error though, but the tag's name contains a comma.

Have a nice evening!

Cheers,

Abakus

Peter Bienstman

Jul 28, 2017, 4:21:49 AM7/28/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

OK, reproduced it. I’ll fix this for the next release. I will probably go for disallowing multiple tags (i.e. comma’s) in this case, since you are right-clicking and renaming a single tag anyway.

Thanks!