Unexpected error

Jan Šimůnek

May 30, 2018, 1:04:19 PM5/30/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello,

I experienced an unexpected error in Mnemosyne. After I choose the function "Browse cards..." an error occurred. I attach a shot of error statement.

This happened after I created new clone card type from vocabulary.

Please, could you give me advice?

Cheers,

Johny

Peter Bienstman

May 30, 2018, 1:07:34 PM5/30/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

First make sure to update Mnemosyne to the latest version. Then, compact your database.

If you still have problems, feel free to send me the database privately.

Cheers,

Peter

alex...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 5:21:21 AM6/4/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter, I have an unexpected error too..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8ylf4KUxQatwJnd33

With 2 cards of the data base...

I can't delete it, I found a provisional solution : remove the tag of these two cards and desactivate the cards without tag

I can send the data base compacted.

I use 2.6 version

Thanks for your help...

Le mercredi 30 mai 2018 19:04:19 UTC+2, Jan Šimůnek a écrit :
> Hello,
>

> I experienced an unexpected error in Mnemosyne. After I choose the function "Browse cards..." an error occurred. I attach a shot of error statement.

Peter Bienstman

Jun 4, 2018, 5:29:30 AM6/4/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The error indicates some corruption of your disk, so probably something went wrong while saving the database. If this is not something you can recreate and reproduce, I'm afraid you have to keep a careful eye on your disks and make sure you have enough backups in case they die...

Cheers,

Peter

Jun 4, 2018, 6:01:38 AM6/4/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thanks for your response... I will repass my vocabulary... but i'ts never "lost time" ;)