Best font for Chinese characters?

Nick Cross

Dec 5, 2022, 9:08:43 PM12/5/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello,
I have really benefitted from using Mnemosyne to learn French.  Thanks!
I am now starting to work on Simplified Chinese characters, and I notice that the software will change the appearance of characters after I input them (see attachments).
1) Is there a recommended font for Simplified Chinese to reduce this distortion?
2) Is it possible to have more than one font set up in the configuration settings?  I am currently using Arial 22 which is perfect for French.
Thanks!
Input Screenshot, cropped.png
Screenshot dropped into Mnemosyne.png

Peter Bienstman

Dec 6, 2022, 8:30:13 AM12/6/22
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you want to keep the appearance the same as the website you copy them from, you should try to figure out what font they use :-) I'm personally happy with Arial.

You can use different fonts for different languages, just create a separate card type for each language.

Cheers,

Peter