Socket Error: [Errno 110] Connection timed out

Magic Friday

Jan 12, 2022, 12:17:51 AM1/12/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

Every time I try to sync, the above error occurs. I inserted the server name, port, user name and password. I did some research and found out that this error is probably related to my firewall so I unlocked the port as well as the server, but it still doesn't work.

Can somebody help please?

Thank you!

Peter Bienstman

Jan 12, 2022, 12:39:20 AM1/12/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I would start with both devices on the same home network. Apart from the firewall on both devices, you should also check that your router allows connections on that port.

I'm sure you checked that the server is running while you sync from the client.

Good luck!

Peter

Magic Friday

Jan 20, 2022, 9:27:38 AM1/20/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi!
Thank you for your prompt response!
Both devices i. e. my laptop and my cell phone run via the same home network. The server should be running since both devices are online.
I'm not a pc pro and it's difficult for me to check router settings.

Magic Friday

Jan 20, 2022, 9:29:41 AM1/20/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I really can't tell you why, but suddenly it worked. I didn't make any changes...

Peter Bienstman

Jan 20, 2022, 10:10:17 AM1/20/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users