Gone into negative scheduled!?

chris.b...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2017, 4:14:16 AM10/12/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I got a strange error while reviewing my cards, but kept going (it didn't stop anything).  When I got to the end of my cards, I had zero scheduled and 13 failed (in "not memorized").  When attempting to do the failed cards, it showed me one again that I'd already seen, I did it, and my scheduled repetitions went to -1 (negative 1).  The rest of my cards went fine.  This has me a little paranoid; does it mean there is something very wrong with my deck?

(That is my most important concern, but as a side note, will Fast Format ever work with the new software?  It saves me massive amounts of time with chemistry and mathematics cards, but I can't get it to work, and even if I try and install an old version of Mnemosyne I get strange errors and can't even get it to run.)

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Chris S.

Peter Bienstman

Oct 12, 2017, 5:52:13 AM10/12/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

With respect to the negative scheduled count, I’ve occasionally seen this myself, but I haven’t been able to identify the exact conditions that cause it (yet). Any extra info you have here is of course welcome. This bug should not have a big influence on your deck, though.

With respect to fast format, the original author said he no longer wants to maintain it. I’m a bit hesitant to set a precedent and take over maintenance of all abandoned plugins myself, as I already have quite some things on my plate (like the other bug above J). Still, if anybody wants to take over this plugin, I’m more than happy to answer any questions they might have.

Cheers,

Peter

chris.b...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 4:48:26 AM10/20/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'd consider working on it, if I had any skills with coding whatsoever :)
As an aside, I think this is the same error; it just popped up.  I haven't seen the negative card symptom again yet, though.
(See attached error jpg).

   - Chris S.

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 02:52:13 UTC-7, Peter Bienstman wrote:

Hi,

With respect to the negative scheduled count, I’ve occasionally seen this myself, but I haven’t been able to identify the exact conditions that cause it (yet). Any extra info you have here is of course welcome. This bug should not have a big influence on your deck, though.

With respect to fast format, the original author said he no longer wants to maintain it. I’m a bit hesitant to set a precedent and take over maintenance of all abandoned plugins myself, as I already have quite some things on my plate (like the other bug above J). Still, if anybody wants to take over this plugin, I’m more than happy to answer any questions they might have.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Bienstman

Oct 20, 2017, 4:50:21 AM10/20/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

That’s a different error, feel free to send me your database privately and tell me on which card it appeared.

chris.b...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 4:51:05 AM10/20/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Ah!  As well, now I remember -- it just did something unusual again.  I pressed "2" again after closing the error, it came up again.  The card will not pass on the keystroke, but if I manually mouse-click the "2" button, then it works.  This is the same thing that happened last time.  Strange.

  - CS

chris.b...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 5:04:45 AM10/20/17
to mnemosyne-proj-users
And the same card which I gave a 2 to came up as failed, and then went to -1.  To which email should I send the database?

  -CS

Peter Bienstman

Oct 20, 2017, 5:08:54 AM10/20/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com