Missing python3.8m when building android app

Jonas Ehrhard

Apr 16, 2022, 9:55:55 PM4/16/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hey,

I tried to build the android app on my Ubuntu 20.04, and followed the guide at https://github.com/mnemosyne-proj/mnemosyne/tree/master/mnemosyne/android_python#readme

However, when trying to build the APK in Android Studio, I ran into an error, see https://pastebin.com/dcj0A9tV

Essentially, ld complains about a missing python3.8m, even though I have python3-minimal installed. Any help would be appreciated :)

Peter Bienstman

Apr 17, 2022, 1:14:47 AM4/17/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm travelling now, but I'll get back to you!

Peter

Peter Bienstman

Apr 18, 2022, 3:00:40 PM4/18/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
They're uploaded to github now, I had an overzealous .gitignore file.

Happy hacking!

Peter

Jonas Ehrhard

Apr 24, 2022, 1:58:43 PM4/24/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hey Peter, thanks for the update! I was able to build the APK now, but somehow it always segfaults when running the app (both on my Android phone and on the emulator). Any idea what's going on? Here is the output: https://pastebin.com/D4iX5SHh

Peter Bienstman

Apr 24, 2022, 2:39:29 PM4/24/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

You have to make sure you're using exactly the same versions of the toolchain that I mentioned in the readme file. Otherwise, you'll have to build all the binaries (including the python library) from source again. The procedure for that is also described in the docs, but very painful...

Peter