Mnemosyne 2.7.3 released

Peter Bienstman

Nov 23, 2020, 1:20:38 PM11/23/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Mnemosyne 2.7.3 : 2020-11-23

- Make tag completion case insensitive (requested by Daniel Schmidt).
- Add keyboard shortcuts for Google translate and text-to-speech.
- Don't forget to update whether or not a card is active when bulk adding/
  removing tags in the card browser.
- Make Anki import more robust (bug reported by Максим).
- Don't crash when saving text-to-speech containing linebreaks.
- Fix corner cases of scheduled counter not updating when learning ahead of
  schedule and switching between saved sets (bug reported by girlsim).
- Updated translations.
- More robust importing under Linux.
- Upgraded to gTTS 2.2.1 and googletrans 3.0.0.
- Added command line option --qt-scale-factor, to tweak the size on HDPI
  displays.

mnl

Nov 24, 2020, 10:21:59 AM11/24/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
The windows download:
503 Service UnavailableNo server is available to handle this request.

Peter Bienstman

Nov 24, 2020, 10:50:35 AM11/24/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
I guess SourceForge is down, not a lot I can do about this.

It worked yesterday, so I assume it will be fixed soon. In any case, you can also download it from https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6zw1l9w5cnldkp/mnemosyne-2.7.3-setup.exe?dl=0

Peter

Nk Dionisio

Dec 2, 2020, 12:40:34 PM12/2/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I am having issues downloading the Mac version. I am getting a "Server Error" issue with my download. Anyone else?

Peter Bienstman

Dec 2, 2020, 12:42:12 PM12/2/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
On the sourceforge site, there is a direct link you can click if you have download problems. Does that help?

Peter

Peter Bienstman

Dec 4, 2020, 2:50:01 PM12/4/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
In case you have trouble with Google translate, I've uploaded a new version of 2.7.3 which uses a different library. It might take a while for new version to propagate through the mirrors, though.

Peter

Nk Dionisio

Dec 10, 2020, 11:42:13 AM12/10/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
It wasn't working on SourceForge a week ago, but it downloaded fine now.
Thank you for responding!!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "mnemosyne-proj-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/6b5906e0-22bc-4b57-bfff-c7f50980c0d6n%40googlegroups.com.

Nk Dionisio

Dec 10, 2020, 11:42:36 AM12/10/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I'm having issues with opening the app after I installed it:
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 9.02.45 AM.png

Peter Bienstman

Dec 10, 2020, 11:44:05 AM12/10/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com, Devin Howard
Hi,

I know how to disable this warning in Windows, but not on OSX, so I'm putting Devin, our Mac developer in CC.

Cheers,

Peter

Devin Howard

Dec 10, 2020, 11:53:50 AM12/10/20
to Peter Bienstman, mnemosyne-proj-users, likefire...@gmail.com
Once you see that message, go to settings and open "Security and Privacy". In one of the tabs it should ask you if you want to trust and open mnemosyne. Assuming you want to take a risk (😉), click on the button or whatever it needs and mnemosyne should open successfully from then on.

You may need to adjust the security settings slightly to allow unknown sources.