importing error?

Ayesha Nicole

Jun 6, 2018, 2:36:11 AM6/6/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good Morning!

I exported a deck from Quizlet separated by tab and pasted it into Notepad and saved as UTF-8; and am attempting to import a tab-deliminated text using these instructions:

"Plain text and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)

Mnemosyne can import plain text files where each line contains a question/answer pair separated by a tab. So e.g. if you have such a list in Word, save it as plain text (*.txt), choose 'other encoding - Unicode (UTF-8)' if your data contains foreign characters, and then you get a file which you can import in Mnemosyne if you choose the 'Tab-separated text files' format."

https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/importing.php

* * *

and received the attached error message, and I am unsure what exactly is incorrect?  What do you advise, please?

import error in Mnemosyne.png

Peter Bienstman

Jun 6, 2018, 2:58:10 AM6/6/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

As you’d expect from the error message, it means line 4 is not correctly formatted J

Double check if that line (and all lines) contains a question and an answer separated by a single tab.

Cheers,

Peter

Ayesha Nicole

Jun 6, 2018, 9:43:53 PM6/6/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good Evening,

Yes, but it is unclear to me what formatting is incorrect?  Are there any charachters that would cause it - or just tab spacing?  I attached the file, because I do not understand what the error is?  The only tabs are from exporting from Quizlet.  There are hard returns in the text - would those be recognized as 'tabs'?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ayesha

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 2:58:10 AM UTC-4, Peter Bienstman wrote:

[...]

Tuhfaat ul Atfaal.txt

Peter Bienstman

Jun 7, 2018, 2:54:40 AM6/7/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Your cards are spread over many lines, so that won’t work. Each card should be on a single line, and if you want line breaks in your card text, use <br> instead of a hard return.