No module named 'setuptools'

Malena L

Apr 8, 2022, 11:40:42 AM4/8/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have this error while installing:

sudo python3  setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Mnemosyne-2.8/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, Command
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'setuptools'

So I try to install setuptools and this happens:

sudo pip install setuptools
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (45.2.0)

Peter Bienstman

Apr 8, 2022, 11:42:37 AM4/8/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
This is more related to your OS and not per se Mnemosyne, but a quick Google search turned up this:

Does this help?

Cheers,

Peter

Malena L

Apr 8, 2022, 12:31:45 PM4/8/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I tried re-installing and upgrading setuptools, and reinstalling python3. The same error keeps happening.

Peter Bienstman

Apr 8, 2022, 12:34:20 PM4/8/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
If you have indeed installed it system-wide (i.e. as root and not as a regular user), then I suggest you ask on some forum related to the OS/distribution you are using. People there will probably be able to help you better... You can also see if your distribution comes with a specific Mnemosyne package.

Cheers,

Peter