Mnemosyne 2.6 released

Peter Bienstman

Dec 11, 2017, 12:26:58 PM12/11/17
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com, mnemosyne-p...@googlegroups.com
https://mnemosyne-proj.org/download-mnemosyne.php

Mnemosyne 2.6 : 2017-12-11

- Import of Anki databases (both *.anki2 and *.apgk) as well as
possibility to edit these M-sided card types (though not yet in a way
that would change the number of sister cards).
- Fix display of question in the card browser in case you configured
Mnemosyne to show question and answer in the same window.
- Fix bugs with increase of non-latin fonts (reported by JDD annd Scott
Youngman).
- Fix cornercase bug in RTL handler (reported by Fonzo99).
- Upgrade to latest version of libraries (PyQt, Python, Matplotlib).
- Improve keyboard shortcuts (reported by Scott Youngman).
- Fixes to the behaviour of the Edit dialog of the Card Browser (reported by
Scott Youngman).
- Also save window size when exiting window by pressing escape (reported by
Scott Youngman).
- Fix display of map cards when showing Q and A in the same box (reported by
Scott Youngman).
- Disallow renaming a single tag to multiple tags in the tag tree widget.
(reported by abacus).
- In case you get crashes in the browser when trying to display only untagged
cards, you can now run 'File - Compact - Defragment database' to fix this
(reported by abacus).
- Fix crash in headless server.
- Fix crashes when running separate scripts (patch by Julian Mehne).

cor...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 7:53:37 PM1/15/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I just tried to install this, but it would not seem to run either in Chrome or Firefox. In other words, after I download and click run, nothing happens. I am using Windows 7.

Peter Bienstman

Jan 16, 2018, 3:01:10 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Does the file you download in your browser have the .exe extension? Sometimes browsers change the extension to .zip and then you have to change it back.

Cheers,

Peter

cor...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 8:17:22 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Yes, when I click to download, it shows as .exe in my browser. Then, when it is done, I click it, and the click run, but nothing happens after that, and there also seems to be no trace of the file in the folder it was downloaded to.

Peter Bienstman

Jan 16, 2018, 8:24:41 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If there’s no trace of that file in the download folder, then probably the download went wrong. What happens if you right-click on the downloaded file at the botton of your browser and choose ‘show location’ (or something like that)? Do you find the installer then?

cor...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 8:40:45 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Okay, just did all that, and when I chose "show in folder" it did bring up my folder where it looked like it was downloaded. I then chose run, and the same thing happened. Then, I went back to that same folder, but it had disappeared again.

Peter Bienstman

Jan 16, 2018, 8:45:50 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

If after ‘show in folder’ you can see the installer, what happens if you copy it to another directory and run it from there by double-clicking the installer icon?

cor...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 8:55:22 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Ah, I think I see what's happening here. When I did that, I got a message from Symantec, saying the file posed a risk. I cannot download it now, but I think I will be able to take it into our university tech office and ask them to circumvent it. Thanks for the help!

Peter Bienstman

Jan 16, 2018, 8:56:13 AM1/16/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

That explains things!

ashleyj...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2018, 12:29:00 AM4/9/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I was looking for the change log on the site. Seems like it should be there, or linked in help in the app. Dunno, perhaps nobody else looks for change logs.

Peter Bienstman

Apr 9, 2018, 2:56:07 AM4/9/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The changelog is linked from the download page (URL below of the download page below).

Cheers,

Petert