Web form report: Viewer and Components pallets. Is there...

mitappinv...@appinventor.mit.edu

Nov 22, 2013, 2:09:18 PM11/22/13
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Date Submitted: Fri Nov 22 2013 14:09:16 GMT-0500 (EST)
Email: barne...@gmail.com

Service: MIT App Inventor (App Inventor 2)

Operating System: Windows 7

Browser: Chrome

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3

Connection: WiFi

Issue:
Viewer and Components pallets.

Is there any reason to make the viewer take up so much real estate?
Could we possibly get the option to resize those two or all of them?

Comments:
I see a lot of wasted space that I could use by the components pallet being
wider so I would not have to scroll it so much. I would say if we could
chop off one side of the viewer pallet and then re center it. we could
still have enough blank space to differentiate the viewer from the other
pallets and make the components pallet a little wider.

Just my thoughts as working with the product.

Jos Flores

Nov 22, 2013, 2:35:04 PM11/22/13
to mitappinv...@appinventor.mit.edu, mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
It is a good point; there's code to resize panels but it's all messed
up and it does not work. We are doing a user study with paper mockups
for different alternatives for positioning on panels and general
layout; should start on Monday and be done by mid december. will keep
you posted!

cheers,
José