Queries on importing fault

Ashis

Aug 19, 2021, 2:08:24 AM8/19/21
to mirone
Sir, I am using Mirone 3.0 to create the initial condition for my tsunami simulation project. I am facing some problem using the 'import model slip' function. I am attaching the images so that you can look into the problem.
I am saving the fault using the Mansinha model but when I am importing the model slip, the fault is changing into a single rectangular one. Is it obvious? And, after importing the model slip (single rectangular), when I am trying to see the Okada deformation by right click, it is not working. And also, after drawing a fault, the values of u1, u2 and u3 and also, Sn, Sz and Se seems strange. Please check it.

Thank You.

Regards
Ashisqueries.jpg

jluis

Aug 20, 2021, 12:06:39 PM8/20/21
to mirone
Dear Ashis,

I'm leaving today for vacations and won't have my computer with me till the end of next week. Perhaps it's better that you open an issue at
and attach the necessary files for me to look at it.
As a general advice, the "Mansinha" tool is easier to deal with because it only computes the vertical component of the deformation (the "Okada" computes the 3 components but by default along the looking vector to a satellite)

Best regards

Joaquim Luis

Ashis

Dec 30, 2021, 4:43:25 AM12/30/21
to mirone

Sir, the tutorial you have provided is working fine, but, while computing the velocity it generates several files for 'u' and 'v', should it be like that? and, it is quite difficult to get the time series data for one or several tidal stations, can you please provide some idea to solve that?
thank you

Ashis

Dec 30, 2021, 6:11:20 AM12/30/21
to mirone
sir, how can i get wave heights in different time on a fixed point.

Thank You

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Jan 5, 2022, 10:09:18 AM1/5/22
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Not difficult to find. Check the “Maregraphs” checkbox and enter the file name of a text file that has the coordinates lon  lat of your stations. Alternatively, plot the stations manually using the menu “Tsunami -> Plot Stations”.

Thank You.

Regards

Ashis

Ashis

Mar 2, 2022, 4:34:22 AM3/2/22
to mirone

Sir, there is a problem with tsunami inundation modelling even with the nested grid approach. Facing problem with the velocity and momentum modelling also.

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Mar 7, 2022, 7:40:29 PM3/7/22
to mir...@googlegroups.com

I’m sorry but you will need to make an effort to make questions that I can answer. Just saying that there is a problem tells me nothing about what was the problem.

Message has been deleted

Ashis

Jul 22, 2022, 8:33:45 AM7/22/22
to mirone
Sir, can you please tell me about the error (nswing: error, -G or -Z option. must provide saving interval)?

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Jul 22, 2022, 8:56:58 AM7/22/22
to mir...@googlegroups.com

I think that is an old bug that has been fixed. What Mirone version are you using?