Using my own script file in Qualtrics

Jelisa Scott

Sep 22, 2021, 11:42:34 AM9/22/21
to Minno.js
Hi,

I am a 3rd year in a doctoral program and am wanting to use the IAT for my candidacy. I have been following the instructions you have provided on creating my IAT to run in Qualtrics, but I keep getting stuck at the "Use your own script file" part.

I created a GitHub account so that I could create my script.  I copy and pasted the example IAT code onto my GitHub page, and I have my images uploaded to the pages as well.  I am wanting to do the exact same IAT, but with Black/White children's faces. However, when I change the URL in Qualtrics nothing happens in Qualtrics. ( and I made sure things worked when it was just the example with no changes).

I have attached an image of my Script code and the example Qualtric IAT that is currently in my survey.

The instructions say to "change the URL in the JavaScript code you entered in Qualtrics earlier, and see that the IAT runs fine", but which URL do I change it to, and do I change more than one URL that's listed in Qualtrics JavaScript?

I tried changing the URL next to "minnoJS" to 'https://futuredrboykin.github.io/github.io/ but when I tested it on Qualtrics, nothing happened.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Jelisa Scott
Qualtrics example code.PNG
JS IAT Script Code.PNG

Mayan Navon

Sep 22, 2021, 7:01:56 PM9/22/21
to Jelisa Scott, Minno.js
Hi Jelisa,

Under the line // Run your study (just set the correct URL), you need to insert the url to the script you uploaded to github. That script should be a modified version of this script.
In that modified script, you should keep the url at the top (https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/baranan/minno-tasks@0.*/IAT/qualtrics/quiat9.js), because this is the way this script calls our full script. Our modified script just edits certain properties of the full script. The images setting looks good.
Try to edit your scripts and let us know if you have further issues.

Best,
Mayan

Mayan

Yoav Bar-Anan

Sep 23, 2021, 12:36:28 AM9/23/21
to Minno.js
Hi Jelisa,

I would add to Mayan's reply that it seems that you changed the md file in your github entry. However, your file should be a *.js file like Mayan showed in her reply.
You do not need to use the cdn like we did (that's why the file Mayan showed starts with cdn.jsdelivr.net). Instead, you can provide a direct link to your file in github. A link like this one. I have that link because I followed Github's instructions how to use github pages. It seems you did that as well and created the folder correctly. Indeed, one can access the md file you created directly, not through github, using a link like this: https://futuredrboykin.github.io/github.io/README.md

I recommend the following exact steps:
- Create an exampleQIAT.js file under your folder, by coping the content of my file to a new file you create in github under your folder
- Verify that you did that correctly by accessing it with the link https://futuredrboykin.github.io/github.io/exampleQIAT.js
- Use that file in your qualtrics study, by using the line minnoJS(canvas, 'https://futuredrboykin.github.io/github.io/exampleQIAT.js');
- Modify exampleQIAT.js to run the IAT you want to run with your images (from a quick read of your README.md file, it seems that you made the correct changes)

I hope that helps.

Yoav

Jelisa Scott

Oct 11, 2021, 6:56:13 PM10/11/21
to Yoav Bar-Anan, Minno.js
Thank you for your help.  After speaking with my advisor about my project we deceived to use the standard race IAT.  I used the script that was already provided since that was the standard IAT. I put it into my qualtrics successfully and it works fine, but I was wondering will I be able to see the responses of the IAT within my qualtrics results or will that information go to a separate server somewhere?

Thank you for your time.

Jelisa Scott, BCBA, LBA
School Psychology Doctoral Candidate
Dept. of Psychological, Health, and Learning Sciences

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Minno.js" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minnojs/4d32c23e-b7e9-4194-b2c0-363fd50eb529n%40googlegroups.com.

Mayan Navon

Oct 12, 2021, 3:15:55 AM10/12/21
to Jelisa Scott, Yoav Bar-Anan, Minno.js
Hi Jelisa,

If you followed the instructions of setting up the task in Qualtrics, then the data should be saved on Qualtrics (along with the rest of the data from that survey/project) and could be downloaded as a csv file.

Best,
Mayan

--
Mayan