IAT stuck at the "Use your own script file" step

Hui Zhang

Jul 3, 2022, 4:56:24 PM7/3/22
to Minno.js
Hi Minno.js group,

I am Hui. I have read all your blogs about IAT, AMP, etc., and the discussions in this group before. Thank you very much for having all this awesome and supportive work.

I am reading this page from step to step to try an IAT test, and I am stuck at the "Use your own script file" step. I copied the script of Yoav and put it on my Github pages according to the directions, but it wouldn't start the IAT test at all (as shown below).                                         Screenshot 2022-07-03 153911.png

I think something is wrong with my Github pages  (as shown below, it is not pure script like the example when opening the URL), but I don't know how to correct them. Could you help to diagnose and make the right move? Thank you in advance.
        Screenshot 2022-07-03 155059.png

Best,
Hui

Mayan Navon

Jul 4, 2022, 11:11:33 AM7/4/22
to Hui Zhang, Minno.js
Hi Hui,

Please share with us the link you're put on Qualtrics to access your GitHub script. It should be something like this, that directly opens the script: https://navmayan.github.io/pi_tasks_repo/iat/iat_custom.js [that is: the url to your page on GitHub / the repository where you've uploaded the script / the script name with file extension].

Mayan Navon

Jul 4, 2022, 12:23:15 PM7/4/22
to Zhang, Hui [BUSAD], Minno.js
This is the url you see when you look at the file you uploaded to github. This is not the actual link to your Github Pages website. Take a look again at my example link above, and what it needs to contain (noted inside the brackets).
Please also verify that your website is published (that is, accessible online) by going to settings -> pages -> github pages. For example:
image.png

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 at 18:43, Zhang, Hui [BUSAD] <hzh...@iastate.edu> wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply, Mayan. My Github page is: https://github.com/hzhang4is/hzhang4is.io/blob/main/IATexample.js

Thank you.
Hui

Jul 4, 2022, 1:36:57 PM7/4/22
to Mayan Navon, Minno.js
Hi Mayan,

The content I put in the script is the same as your example. And I also published the site but setting on pages. Finally, I saw the website! I combined my Github pages https://hzhang4is.github.io/ and my repo IAT0704/IATexample.js to the website: https://hzhang4is.github.io/IAT0704/IATexample.js. And it worked!

Thank you so much, Mayan!

Best,
Hui