Inscopix GRIN lens.

Mike Schaid

Mar 15, 2021, 4:30:19 PM3/15/21
to Miniscope
I just want to make sure all GRIN lenses from Inscopix will work with the V4. They have a pitch of 3/2, 1, or  2

thanks,
Mike

Daniel Aharoni

Mar 15, 2021, 4:35:57 PM3/15/21
to Miniscope
Yes. All relay GRIN lenses from Inscopix are compatible with the V4 Miniscope. Roughly speaking, relay GRIN lenses will be listed as having a pitch that is an integer multiple of 0.5. In contrast, objective GRIN lenses (not compatible with the V4) will have a pitch near 0.25 + 0.5 * n where n is 0, 1, 2, ...

In actuality, relay GRIN lenses will have a pitch slightly less than a multiple of 0.5. I mention this only in case someone reading this is trying to get custom relay GRIN lenses made instead of ordering the standard ones from Inscopix.

Ali Mohebi

Mar 16, 2021, 3:12:59 PM3/16/21
to Miniscope
Apologies for the noob Q. But on their website I only see two options and both seem to be integrated with their baseplate: https://www.inscopix.com/lenses-viruses
Is it ok to order those or shall I ask for off-catalog items? In that case, can someone help and provide part numbers?

Cheers,
Ali

Daniel Aharoni

Mar 16, 2021, 3:29:32 PM3/16/21
to Miniscope
Hi Ali,
I would suggest shooting them an email and asking for the full catalog of UCLA Miniscope compatible relay GRIN lenses.

Ali Mohebi

Mar 16, 2021, 3:33:03 PM3/16/21
to Miniscope
awesome, will do that and if I learn anything will come and report back here.

Cheers -A

Ali Mohebi

Mar 16, 2021, 6:19:35 PM3/16/21
to Miniscope
So I talked to Inscopix people over the phone. They did not provide a catalog, but the item I want seems to be the bare fiber selected from the following options:
0.5mm wide: 4,6.1,8.4mm long. NA=0.5
1mm wide: 4,9,13.7mm long. NA=0.5

Rebecca Shteyn

Mar 14, 2022, 10:38:47 AM3/14/22
to Miniscope
We are trying to get Inscopix to create a custom lens of 0.5mm diameter and 10.7mm length. However, they said that these lenses would be for 530nm light, but green fluorophore emissions are around 520nm. So would these lenses work for the V4?

Daniel Aharoni

Mar 14, 2022, 12:10:57 PM3/14/22
to Rebecca Shteyn, Miniscope
Hi. Yes these will work totally fine.