Re: [MiniSail: 2115] Digest for minisail@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Alan Roberson

Sep 17, 2019, 8:01:19 AM9/17/19
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi all below some suggestions for dates. Are weekends favourite? Being retired they aren’t crucial to me.
Have a look at Padstow Sailing Club website to get a good idea of location and facilities.
March 7 and 8 high tide 15:50 so good.
March 21/22 ht 1600
In April 18/19 ht 1600 or May 2/3. 1400 Remember May 1 is Padstow May Day so raucous fun but not now a uk bank holiday.
I’m Secretary of PSC and minisprint sailor so already here. Sure we can make you all welcome, Alan

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 11:34, <mini...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
David Argles <daar...@gmail.com>: Sep 16 11:16PM +0100

Hi Folks.

I would -definitely- be up for it. Padstow is the home of Rick Stein (of
restaurant fame) as I recollect, the Camel estuary is beautiful, and the
legendary Doom Bar ale is named after the Doom Bar at the mouth of the
river.

I presume the vintage speed boat rides are still in operation - and that's
all apart from the amazing sailing we'd have there!

Just give me a date so I can get it in the diary 😁!

Regards, David

You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

David Argles

Sep 17, 2019, 11:42:54 AM9/17/19
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan and everyone.

My personal thinking would be that early or late March is too early, the weather is still too unpredictable at that time of year. Then it's a problem if folks have committed to travelling a long way to get there. But, at the moment, I can make either of the March weekends if that ended up as the group choice.

That would steer towards the April or May dates. For me personally, I can't do April 18/19 - it would mean travelling down on our anniversary which wouldn't, er, be appropriate 😉. The May dates sound great. I guess folks could either aim to arrive Friday evening for the weekend, or even Thursday evening if they were free, so that they could enjoy Padstow's May 1st fun, then look forward to a weekend of Minisailing!

But that's just my ideas, see what others think and go with the flow 😊.

Regards, David

robert baker

Sep 17, 2019, 3:12:19 PM9/17/19
to mini...@googlegroups.com
May weekend sounds good,

hasbeenminisailor

Sep 23, 2019, 4:39:39 AM9/23/19
to Minisail

Padstow any time would be great. Would hope to be available.Tom Southampton
May weekend sounds good,

Alan Roberson

Sep 25, 2019, 3:23:34 PM9/25/19
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, spoke with comittee last night and all would be keen to welcome your group for a weekend or spanning weekend visit.
Would need to have you take temporary membership at £25 per adult, £30 couple,
£40 family then boatparking, safety boat etc complimentary. We have safety boat drivers to support you if needed and will hope to run junior sailing sessions on the weekend as well. Of interest may be a members Spectrum, proctors last dinghy design I think which sails lovely. Hope will be able to let any interested sail.
Also my mini sprint which I'm happy for any to try.
If May 2/3 suits then May Day in Padstow is quite a memorable event and any who can get down for Friday 1st I'm sure will enjoy, likewise all welcome to extend their visit.
May 1st high tide is12:10, neaps but sailable from 10:30 till 13:45
May 3rd ht 1500 so sailable 13:00 to 1700
Lots of campsites , nearest and walkable is
Other dates would work but may 2/3 good for us.
Alan

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 20:12:19 UTC+1, robert baker wrote:
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

Roger Llewellyn's

Oct 9, 2019, 5:50:07 PM10/9/19
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information Alan which I am considering- it’s quite a long way from Leeds especially with a Minisail in the roof or trailer!
May I ask what number your Minisail is? My Dad built the first kit built Minisail no 4 and sold it in Devon in about 2000 and I would love to try and find her again (if she still exists!)
Many thanks
Roger

Sent from my iPhone

Alan Roberson

Oct 17, 2019, 6:48:04 AM10/17/19
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi mine is a mini sprint, probably 5847 if sail correct. Photo attached shows sheeting from the central traveller then boom and lowers from boom level to deck. Padstow estuary on a nice day, any day sailing is a nice day.
Hope we will get a good turnout next year but no need to confirm until much closer to the date. Keep sailing!
Alan

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 11:34, <mini...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Thanks for the information Alan which I am considering- it’s quite a long way from Leeds especially with a Minisail in the roof or trailer!
May I ask what number your Minisail is? My Dad built the first kit built Minisail no 4 and sold it in Devon in about 2000 and I would love to try and find her again (if she still exists!)
Many thanks
Roger

Sent from my iPhone

Alan Roberson

Steve Whitby

Dec 9, 2019, 5:41:35 PM12/9/19
to Minisail
Hi Alan (et al)
can I just double-check that this is still a fixture and ask how many Minisails you are expecting/hoping for?

I am expecting to be able to make it with my re-decked composite boat (ex Tom Moore's boat)...

Many thanks for setting this up.

All the best
Steve.

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 13:01:19 UTC+1, alanroberson wrote:
Hi all below some suggestions for dates. Are weekends favourite? Being retired they aren’t crucial to me.
Have a look at Padstow Sailing Club website to get a good idea of location and facilities.
March 7 and 8 high tide 15:50 so good.
March 21/22 ht 1600
In April 18/19 ht 1600 or May 2/3. 1400 Remember May 1 is Padstow May Day so raucous fun but not now a uk bank holiday.
I’m Secretary of PSC and minisprint sailor so already here. Sure we can make you all welcome, Alan
David Argles <>: Sep 16 11:16PM +0100