Minisail 2022.

robert baker

Jan 18, 2022, 2:24:36 PM1/18/22
to Minisail
Hi everyone,
Been a long time, anyone going to be out and about this year ?
No traffic on here since 2020.
Perhaps now covid appears to be on the wane, perhaps, we can organise something this year, (even virtually), if google groups isn't to everyones taste perhaps look at another platform, perhaps a thread on Yachts and Yachting or CVRDA ?

RonnyDG

Jan 19, 2022, 6:20:50 PM1/19/22
to Minisail
Hi Rob,

I would be glad to join a CVRDA-event this year.
Possibly joining with a small MS fleet would be the best way to go. Also a thread on their forum would be the logical opening to get something going.
FB will start to cross feed naturally, I think.

robert baker

Jan 20, 2022, 3:59:13 AM1/20/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a plan, that's two of us so far.

Tom Moore

Jan 22, 2022, 11:55:52 AM1/22/22
to Minisail
Hi  Ronnie and Rob, add me to the list , and anyone I can contact. Now I've worked out how to (re)join the group. tbm...@talktalk.net a surer way of involving me
as I don't always get through to Facebook and the like. Is www.minisail.org available too ? Saw  the Minisail MAX boat up for sale recently, do we know who it's gone to ?

robert baker

Jan 22, 2022, 12:18:45 PM1/22/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,
Minisails Max sale fell through, it was someone on Yachts and yachting who was selling it, when the buyer turned up for it, the sail had been eaten by mice.
Google groups is useful for a back up service, probably a good idea to keep it ticking over.

David Argles

Feb 4, 2022, 12:20:14 PM2/4/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob and Ronny.

Sorry to be slow to reply; I too would love to meet up this year. COVID or no COVID, I can't go on hiding away, so maybe it's time to follow the wonderful example of our government and totally ignore any rules... Irony and sarcasm apart, I do really mean that I would like to meet up this year.

Regards, David

robert baker

Feb 4, 2022, 1:18:50 PM2/4/22
to Minisail
Haven't been able to get to club for a substantial time, Monaco hull I have there may well have gone, so may be looking for a new boat.

Gordon Finlay

Mar 29, 2022, 1:37:39 PM3/29/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone I attended one of the cvra events last year at roadford lake Devon my boat is nearly ready for this season. Looking forward to meeting up . All the best Gordon

IMG_20220327_162646609.jpg

robert baker

May 5, 2022, 3:08:25 PM5/5/22
to Minisail
Noticed a Minisail at 'Hunts' CVRDA meeting last weekend, number 14212, waiting for photo' to see what it is, sailor was a girl, didn't recognise the name.

RUPERT WHELAN

May 5, 2022, 4:40:57 PM5/5/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
The sailor is an old friend from British Moths, called Abby.
May 7, 2022, 2:46:17 PM5/7/22
to Minisail
If I recall well Abby joined us during the Minisail Keyhaven Kruise 2015.
Without a Minisail of her own at the time she went out in Tom's latest acquisition, a Keyhaven Scow. A very appropriate boat for the venue and very much Tom's boat.
Memory fading but they had an adventure to tell afterwards involving parts of the hull desintegrating and needing to be rescued.
Great memories, I really need to cross the pond again.

Gordon Finlay

May 17, 2022, 11:09:20 AM5/17/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronny
Could I ask a few questions please. I have just received my new MAX sail from Morgan sails which I am very excited about. But I have read some wear on the web about the different masts and booms I have a sprint with a black mast and rope foot sail and my max sail is not roped can I use what I have or do I need a gold mast and boom? Thank you for your help. If I do need a gold mast and boom do you know of anyone that would part with it. I have more than one minisail as I seem to now collecting them hull's the hat is but rigging is harder to come by.
All the best.
Gordon Finlay

RUPERT WHELAN

May 17, 2022, 1:28:04 PM5/17/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gordon,

Ronny may well have an answer too, but I thought I'd share what I've done. If you have a tracked boom, all you need do is put a boom slug on the clew, and slide that down instead of the rope. The sail will set much better than the original.
May 17, 2022, 5:27:45 PM5/17/22
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rupert thank you for the info will rig it first and make adjustments. All the best Gordon