Values

Allan

Sep 18, 2021, 8:40:15 AM9/18/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
personally this topic deserveds its own thread
So..---¶
Leaving aside philosophy let's talk about values. How should a person live?

What is character, is it living for sex, money and fame?Is that all there in life.

Personally I feel striving for values is of utmost importance... your "noncorpal entity aka Soul" 😱 is striving to understand the Holy Triad of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, the creator, sustainer, and destroyer of worlds .. oddly this is not wrong.. but a great deal closer than people realize..
as for value all souls regardless of beliefs are seeking to find harmony and balance with our Creator no matter how we believe in him..

sex lol I remember when it was an obsession with me personally, I mean I loved getting laid.. one day driven by primal drive and I loved busting my nuts.. I suddenly realized in the middle of the act of getting laid what I really wanted was to be accepted as I am without qualification to change.
yeah then and there my life and views changed..  I like the change.. I had to learn to accept others as they were especially the ladies. going out for dinner was just that going out for dinner , friendship and intelligent conversations. I found many ladies to be extremely intelligent...  but like all things a learned to avoid (almost) bimbos who's sole obsession is with guy sometime they were far worse than I ever was.

playing games i damaged my hand and should.. when pain starts I need to stop..
but here is a start to "Values”
Allan

I would like your views on that.

do not murder, rape or enslave others

Allan

Sep 18, 2021, 8:57:50 AM9/18/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
isn't it your philosophy what drives your values?
Ones values is how we display our philosophy of LIFE?

do not murder, rape or enslave others

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 9:35:15 AM9/18/21
to Minds Eye
I think a person should remain chaste till the age of twenty-one. After that he should go steady with a girl he respects and like and then everything works fine they should get married. There should be no casual sex.
A person should be honest in financial matters and be sincere in his friendships. He should not cheat people and should be kind even towards animals.
A person should have a career goal since young age and his parents should help him in this.
He should be taught to believe in God, one who is the father of all religions. He should be taught to respect other religions no matter what his own religion might say in that regard. He should be taught to regard women as equals and consider all humans to be equal regardless of race, colour and creed. He should be taught to be a positive person.
.Rest later.

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 10:57:59 AM9/18/21
to Minds Eye
I am open to differing ideas about values.

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 11:55:16 AM9/18/21
to Minds Eye
Medical science is changing concepts from day to day. First it said one should avoid edible oils in one's diet and refined oils should be taken. Now they have reversed the advice.
Our ancestors knew from observation that masturbation or sex from early adolescence made a person lazy and indolent. He could only work for short stretches but couldn't work consistently for years. But a person chaste in early years had built in stamina stored in the bone marrow which kept him going day by day and year by year throughout life.
Now don't confuse this stamina with muscular strength. A body builder can be very strong but if he has misused his sex in adolescence he does not have the storehouse of energy necessary to work consistently throughout life.

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 12:17:26 PM9/18/21
to Minds Eye
Excess of everything is bad.

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 6:18:20 PM9/18/21
to Minds Eye
Allan, are you ok?

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 6:28:53 PM9/18/21
to Minds Eye
I think it is the difference in cultures.

Allan

Sep 19, 2021, 6:46:56 AM9/19/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
some what.. I know my health is failing ..  just part of my soul having a human experience..  if it is all clear sailing and fair weather how would you ever truly know what it is like to be human?
Allan.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/CAKyfNYJXs%3DUJguKGeFaP_%3DU%2BPOQh-HxcsDLhBpDo-NS%3DLp%2BYXw%40mail.gmail.com.

Allan

Sep 19, 2021, 6:55:02 AM9/19/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
you are right difference in cultures.. or choices

I do believe a person needs to lead by example not words or lip-service. when I vwas young sex was sex and I didn't care where it came from.. (conventual; rape is not fun)
I have changed personally I like myself better.

a world full of laws doesn't really work.  the concept og guidelines works better.
Allan

do not murder, rape or enslave others

Sep 19, 2021, 11:08:46 PM9/19/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
To answer RP's question and to everyone else No I am not okay, over the last year I have gone through massive heart failure was hospitalized for Covid-19 a very pleasant viral experience. I am in the process as a dear friend puts it I am in the process of borg assimilation starting with a 3 chamber pacemaker which helps keep my heart beating in a better rythem than it was . According to my cardiac surgeon poison cabinet is quite full,
 The results of my medical difficulties I tire extremely  easily and injury extremely easy.. so I need to be careful and not become overtired, I love my life and try to follow medical advice but bear in mind I am not always successful. The price thee is one..

As I know my reality I "Allan" (yes that is my given name)an a noncoperal entity that exist totally within a coperal being which I am totally dependant for my existence in any reality I am in .. that being is commonly know as God or a variety of other names the same eternal being.
Now as a noncoperal entity I decided (free will) to have the human experience. Part of that experience is illness.. yes my plan experience is being cut short.frm my original plan.. if this doesn't make sense all the difficulties and problems occurring in the life and reality what would myself and my friends have to talk about when I return home.
God is the absolutely coolest entity to be part of..
 " Firing squad.. ready aim . . . . . . .

Allan

do not murder; rape; or enslave others
God is not a myth

Sep 22, 2021, 11:07:52 AM9/22/21
to "Minds Eye"
OK I'll weigh in on Values. I'm speaking from the vantage point of now being able to look back on a number of decades of my life and review the many expressions and stages of my self over time. I think that some of the values from as early as childhood stay with us all our lives while other values are only with us a short time and then are forgotten; and some are modified, shifted, re-imagined as we move through our lives. Like Allan, I placed a high value on sex in my 20s and early 30s. I then began to realize that although orgasms were a great experience, they actually had no weight or substance in creating an abundant life in which I wanted to live. I specifically thought about it in contrast with the deeply permanent resonance I experience when I hike through the mountains, river gorges, wild beaches and wilderness which remains in memory with as much harmonic resonance as the physical experience. It generates deep profound reverberations throughout my being that suffuses through my heart, soul, mind and body transforming my lived experience in permanent grace and belonging and participation in the life of the whole world and universe. The high value of art in my life (breathing it in with my eyes, feeling the wonder of it flow through my soul) and the creation of art through visual images and through words in poetry and creative prose, has been with me from my earliest memories at 3 years old and continuing to generate every aspect of my life and will until I pass on to another life. My enjoyment of friendships has been a high value for me as well. But it took me a long time to figure out what friends brought me joy and fed my spirit and soul with light. And now, although I still value friendships highly, I have realized an even higher value for me is the people I love deeply, and who love me deeply, and like stars orbiting each other our lives sing with the foundations of the universe.

Allan

Sep 22, 2021, 2:09:57 PM9/22/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
understand
Allan

do not murder, rape or enslave others

Sep 22, 2021, 7:28:09 PM9/22/21
to Minds Eye
Wealth, happiness do not really matter because in eternal time even a span of hundred years is insignificant. It is our character alone which matters. And what is character, it is our values. If we hold onto our values we will always feel satisfied even if we are poor or unhappy. Our values give us mental satisfaction, in our inherent being, our soul we are satisfied even if we are poor and unhappy.

allan...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2021, 8:06:38 PM9/22/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
CHARACTER

(n.)
1.
Mark, figure, sign, symbol, emblem, letter.b
2.
Constitution, quality, nature, disposition, cast, turn, bent.
3.
Moral qualities, personal traits, habitual conduct.
4.
Marked traits, strongly marked personality, striking qualities.
5.
Person, personage, individual.
6.
Reputation, repute.