roll call

Allan H

Sep 6, 2021, 2:34:53 PM9/6/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
for those who have not blocked minds-eye. at least let everyone know you are still following.. personally I see greater need today than when I first joined..
yes I know I say the stupidest stuff,, mostly to get a rise from members.. contary to corporate news reports the ecological tipping point of no return is 2028 (ouch) the extinction of humanity is serious business..
very little is being done. oddly China has a program where they are cleaning up the rivers and physically pumping the water back into the ground where the water tables at there source (expensive ; very) but that is what it will take to stop the raging wild fires world wide. Mother Earth is trying to replace her water resources and she will succeed even if it means the extinction of humanity.

can we find away for our children and grandchildren can survive.. sticking our heads in sand and ignoring the problem will not work..
Allan

Kody's human

Sep 8, 2021, 7:36:23 AM9/8/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
still here
deane

Sep 8, 2021, 7:43:11 AM9/8/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
good to read you..  it seems minds-eye has become awful silent..
due to my borg Assimilation an pacemaker implant the bloodstream to my brain has improved and am beginning to be able to think.. again I think.
allan

Molly Brogan

Sep 8, 2021, 11:59:53 AM9/8/21
to "Minds Eye"
It would be great to hear from long lost friends again, if just to hear how things are going for you. The world has plenty of challenges that give us common ground, the pandemic and climate change among them. I think COVID has taken the wind our to the push for sustainability here in the states and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals initiative has been quiet throughout. The one zero waste  event we were able to pull off at the center costs us plenty to do so. With no events in the building for more than a year and few events lately, the circular economy with the refuse sorting and transportation it requires becomes cost prohibitive. I can't say how much progress has been made but it seems not enough or fast enough. It will take full participation on the level of governments to fund what is now needed to stem the tide, although some may argue it is too late. There were interesting bright spots in the pandemic like less air travel and less food waste with accelerated effort to get food to hungry people.

Molly Brogan

Sep 8, 2021, 12:01:05 PM9/8/21
to "Minds Eye"
Hi deane

Mardi McCabe

Sep 21, 2021, 12:50:59 PM9/21/21
to "Minds Eye"
ok so I haven't been active in some years due to life stuff kind of taking up all my time. When I retired in 2020 I checked back with the Minds Eye online group to find there were no recent posts! Also it seems the format of Google Groups screens has changed in the meantime. it appears that this is set up like an email exchange now? Not sure how to use it to read and comment on particular threads?

Allan H

Sep 21, 2021, 12:54:31 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back.. I hope that everything is all right now..
We are in the process of attempting to get minds-eye active again
Allan

allan...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 2:03:25 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Yeah google has changed the format ..  for the better ?? Don't really know yet,
Welcome back..we are to all topics.
Allan

do not murder; rape; or enslave others
God is not a myth

Molly Brogan

Sep 21, 2021, 2:13:53 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mardi, here is the link to keep up with the group online. You can also see all the threads there: https://groups.google.com/g/minds-eye  Good to see you here. I hope the pandemic did not cut into your retirement dreams. I’m envious.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/3076febf-8326-4b87-8661-05ded55b9ea1.maildroid%40localhost.

Mardi McCabe

Sep 21, 2021, 3:30:39 PM9/21/21
to "Minds Eye"
thanks Molly. the pandemic has shifted my retirement plans but I have been quite happy with the changes in my life. I had planned all sorts of activities with friends. But it turns out I really love working in the yard, playing with the dogs, going for walks, watching movies with my husband on the huge TV he just had to buy!! As I retired at 70 I plan to keep going for another 20 years and doing lots of things in that time!! So I'm isolating until I feel the coast is clear before I come out in public again! After clearing out the large yard jungle (uprooting lots of stuff) and building extensions to my shed, and taking carloads of stuff to Goodwill to clear up the house, I want to spend time with  my writing and artwork. It is wonderful to no longer shape my days around what the work environment requires and just do whatever I feel like!

Allan H

Sep 21, 2021, 3:41:45 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
That sounds great... I was saying  same thing
Isolation is good Minds-eye a good solution for keeping isolation sanity,
I personally like solitude and have an excellent e-book library.. just purchased a new e-ink reader. I can even get and answer my email on it.. not bad for a toy.
Allan

Do no harm

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 21, 2021, 4:16:46 PM9/21/21
to Minds Eye
Do new members still need your clearance.

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 21, 2021, 4:21:23 PM9/21/21
to Minds Eye
How does someone join minds-eye?

allan...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 4:22:10 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com

Rajendra Pal Singh

Sep 21, 2021, 4:26:47 PM9/21/21
to Minds Eye
How does a person join the group, how does he apply for membership?

Richard Blay

Sep 21, 2021, 7:07:07 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
When things were turning i searched some members up and I got into contact with only two of them on social media. I believe they are still there. Hope I can reach them with the link Molly provided https://groups.google.com/g/minds-eye
 Andrew and Gabby, I think

allan...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 7:31:12 PM9/21/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Invite them to join us.. Molly is still here.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/CADX92hVjut30DYYOnw7Go%3DL0BHAGu7zcigd_3HEW7U776P%3D_NA%40mail.gmail.com.

Richard Blay

Sep 22, 2021, 5:16:31 AM9/22/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
So far I've been able to reach out to Andrew, Gabby and Chris. Chris, through his reply, seems to miss Mnds eye much

allan...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2021, 5:51:46 AM9/22/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Personally I think we all miss Minds-eye very much.. all they have to do is post..
Address is still the same..

Allan

do not murder; rape; or enslave others
God is not a myth

Sep 22, 2021, 4:19:29 PM9/22/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
I am not the moderator just the gatekeeper but if I recieve an email from her I will put it through.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/CADX92hVpcocL2XofMibvcYMmwEULP1BGQ9CeUcPfNoERLu6fUg%40mail.gmail.com.