Midd Bike Swap Sat May 1 only (not Fri Apr 30)

Laura Asermily

Apr 29, 2021, 7:31:05 AM4/29/21
to middbikeped, Jim Gish, Beth Dow, Addison Independent Newsletters, Bruce Zeman, Tom Hanley, Anja Wrede RAD, Frog Hollow Bikes, Sue Hoxie, Bundlemiddlebury Info
Frog Hollow Bikes and Midd Safe Routes feel it will be safest to restrict the Midd Bike Swap to just Saturday May 1 starting at 9 am. We will not start on Fri April 30 at 3 pm as previously planned due to rains forecast for Friday. We'll extend the Sat hours to compensate for losing Friday. Even though we did say the event would be held rain or shine, we re-thought this since rains combined with caution for COVID do not bode well for having people close under tents and in the store. Sat is forecast as clear so please plan to come by then when it should be much more pleasant and safer to browse for a bike and gear and be sure to visit the concurrent Bundle Market on Merchants Row and related sales in our Main St stores.

Laura (for FHB and Midd Safe Routes)

Here's an adjusted longer PR on the event for you to share as you see fit:

Come to the annual bike swap is coming THIS Sat May 1 starting at 9 am at Middlebury's Cannon Park near Frog Hollow Bikes (FHB)! We'll extend Sat hours into the afternoon to compensate for losing Fri April 30 when we had previously planned to start the swap at 3 pm. Rains forecast for Friday combined with caution for COVID do not bode well for having people close under tents and in the store. Come Saturday when it will be much more pleasant and safer to browse for a bike and gear.

Find the perfect new-to-you bike, sell that old bike that's been taking up space in your garage all these years, or better yet, do both.
It's called a "bike swap" in the sense that people turn in bikes they no longer want to "swap" and buy a different used or new bike, but you can just sell or buy a bike at the swap.

From kid's bikes to road bikes, full suspension bikes, maybe even fat tire or e-bikes, it's all here waiting for you. Our staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and guide you to the bike best suited for you. To keep the event covid safe, the number of people who can enter the swap at a time will be limited. Masks are required as well as social distancing while browsing and shopping.The swap is hosted by Frog Hollow Bikes and Middlebury Safe Routes with support from the Town of Middlebury.

Drop off bikes and gear for the swap at FHB before noon April 30 and indicate if you want sale proceeds to go to you or be donated to Middlebury Safe Routes. A percentage goes to FHB.
Frog Hollow Bikes
is open Mon-Sat 10 am - 4 pm all year for you to drop off used bikes for consignment sale, to buy new or used bikes and to service and assemble bikes, but will have a larger selection of used bikes at the swap
 due to unclaimed missing and stolen bikes released to them by the Middlebury Police Department.
Remember to record your newly acquired bike's make, color and any other identifying features in case it is missing to report to police and secure it with a good lock. One will be raffled at the swap and bike registration forms will be on hand.

Middlebury Safe Routes monitors traffic patterns and student travel behavior, plans activities to teach bike skills and rules of the road, and recommends improvements to roads, parking lots, drop offs, sidewalks, crosswalks, traffic lights, signage, bus routes, bike routes, bike racks, and more.

Enjoy browsing related sales and activities happening downtown this Green Up Day weekend, including outdoor clothing and gear in Main Street stores and the Bundle Up Market on Merchants Row. Learn about upcoming events in May, which is bike month, including the Way to Go! Transportation Challenge.

LOIS FARNHAM

Apr 29, 2021, 7:59:34 AM4/29/21
to middb...@googlegroups.com
I was given a bike helmet from someone who was involved in a bike accident - it is a pretty stark reminder to wear a helmet.  Is this anything you would want to showcase?

Lois Farnham
On 04/29/2021 7:30 AM 'Laura Asermily' via Midd Bike-Ped discussion forum <middb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

[...]

From kid's bikes to road bikes, full suspension bikes, maybe even fat tire or e-bikes, it's all here waiting for you. Our staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and guide you to the bike best suited for you. To keep the event covid safe, the number of people who can enter the swap at a time will be limited. Masks are required as well as social distancing while browsing and shopping. The swap is hosted by Frog Hollow Bikes and Middlebury Safe Routes with support from the Town of Middlebury.

--
The "Walk-Bike Council of Addison County" is our county-wide bike-ped organization.
Join us for an event, meeting, or just follow along at: