[MPWG Quotes NEEDED] MicroProfile WG Members’ Testimonials

Amelia Eiras

Oct 27, 2020, 1:16:17 PM10/27/20
to MicroProfile Community, MicroProfile Marketing
MicroProfilers,

If you are a MicroProfile Committer, please consider submitting your very own MP quote.
The recommended Quote Submission Guidelines- draft_v1 provide insight on how to. Such a document will be added to welcome PRs to improve and simplify the task via the new MPWG Repo, MP thread HERE

This request relates to the written update sent via the  [MPWG website tab] Add a tab page ~ WIP thread.
One of the EF Working Group requirements (with MP now totaling 16 projects participating in the EF Working Group) is the need to reference being a Working Group Member on the website.

The work to add an MPWG new page via a new tab under the MP website has started and has been discussed via open channels and git issue 266. Task also welcomes your feedback directly via the ticket below

[Creation of the MPWG tab in the Website]

  1. Working group web page #266
  2.  Access to view and provide feedback via the ticket. Link: https://microprofile.io/workinggroup/   password: mpworkinggroup

#SharingIsCaring,

Edwin Derks

Oct 30, 2020, 4:03:50 AM10/30/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com, MicroProfile Marketing
Hi Amelia,

Edwin

Amelia Eiras

Oct 30, 2020, 5:43:00 PM10/30/20
to MicroProfile
How wonderful the way you are choosing to close October-MP Edwin!

Your actions rock!  :)

Bruno Baptista

Oct 31, 2020, 3:25:33 AM10/31/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Amélia, sorry.
I’m on holidays and your email get buried.
Will get back to you on this soon.
Cheers

Bruno Baptista

Nov 3, 2020, 4:25:16 AM11/3/20
to Amelia Eiras, microp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Amelia,

Here you have my submission: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-marketing/issues/349

Cheers

Emerson Castañeda

Nov 4, 2020, 12:54:24 PM11/4/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com, Amelia Eiras

Amelia,

I am not sure about something regarding this task.

The Members’ quotes rotate under the MPWG page. If you belong to one of the 3 Member groups listed in the MicroProfile Charter: Guest, Committer, or Corporate, YOU are invited to join the #SharingIsCaring feature.

Is there somewhere available a definition for the "Guest" category?

Meanwhile. I'd say that it sounds like everybody part of the MP community would fit in the Guest category, I hope I'm right about that :), so people, what are you waiting for!?

Thanks

Emerson

Amelia Eiras

Nov 4, 2020, 1:29:17 PM11/4/20
to MicroProfile Community
Emerson,

The MP quote guidelines came directly from my collaboration on the Jakarta EE project fixing the issue that finally expands the quotes submission access to ALL the members listed under the Jakarta EE Charter. 💪

In MP, the community quotes welcome everyone who is proactively & actively contributing to MicroProfile. Labels are nothing. MP works on a flat structure. 💜

Now, the Guest Membership under the MPWG Charter means Organizations and not contributors.

 Can you please add via "suggestive edit" add Contributor membership as well?  Thank you for being awesome at noticing what I have to hope someone will notice & point out here via this forum, you ROCK!

As more MicroProfilers use the quote-draft guidelines, document will become clearer.
The plan is to import it to the MPWG repo by the end of this month : ) The repo is still a WIP set-up.

Emerson Castañeda

Nov 4, 2020, 1:57:47 PM11/4/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Amelia,

That "suggestive edit" is already added to the guidelines document.

Emerson

Amelia Eiras

Nov 4, 2020, 5:05:53 PM11/4/20
to MicroProfile Community
Version 2- quote guidelines update possible because of you, Emerson!

Thank you for choosing to collaborate via open-forums to clarify stuff and ask awesome questions.