Oracle Joins Eclipse MicroProfile Working Group

Ed Bratt

Jan 6, 2021, 1:06:42 PM1/6/21
to micropr...@eclipse.org, microp...@googlegroups.com

I'm very pleased to inform the working group members that Oracle has joined MicroProfile as of Jan. 1, 2021.

We look forward to continued work with the MicroProfile working group organization and component specifications.

Initially we will designate myself and Dmitry Kornilov in the roles of primary and alternate representatives to the Steering and Platform committees. We both look forward to working to evolve MicroProfile.

I'd like to close with a shameless plug for our MicroProfile product -- Helidon.io which currently supports MicroProfile 3.3 and let you know that we are actively working to produce a MicroProfile 4.0 compatible release this year.

-- Ed Bratt, Oracle Corporation

Emily Jiang

Jan 6, 2021, 1:19:22 PM1/6/21
to MicroProfile
Welcome on board, Ed! Look forward to working with you, Dmitry and others! This is a great news for MicroProfile! Keep on growing....

Thanks
Emily

Mark Little

Jan 6, 2021, 1:34:23 PM1/6/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com, micropr...@eclipse.org
Welcome :)

Sent from my iPad

John Clingan

Jan 6, 2021, 1:42:30 PM1/6/21
to MicroProfile
Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Guillermo González de Agüero

Jan 6, 2021, 1:45:06 PM1/6/21
to Eclipse MicroProfile, micropr...@eclipse.org
Awesome start of the year!

Amelia Eiras

Jan 6, 2021, 3:45:42 PM1/6/21
to Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community
Hola Ed & Dmitry,

It is wonderful to formally welcome both of you and the Oracle Team into MPWG.  I look forward to our open-collaboration💪

Three things:
First, the proper name is MicroProfile Working Group. 💛
Second, without throwing a deadline, you ought to consider submitting quotes:
  1.  Oracle formal quote that can be added to MPWG Prospectus.
  2. When you feel more comfortable working with this ecosystem, you are most welcomed to submit your Contributor's quotes as individuals.
There are things that follow, like dusting the Members Onboarding that you can improve by doing as we go through the stuff.  ETA this Friday- I need to dust that public doc, been months. 🤗

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 12:30 PM Kevin Sutter <sut...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
Welcome, Oracle, and specifically Ed and Dmitry!  Wonderful people to work with!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile architect @ IBM
e-mail:  sut...@us.ibm.com     Twitter:  @kwsutter
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

Part-time schedule: Tue, Wed, Thu (off on Mon and Fri)

From:        Ed Bratt <ed.b...@oracle.com>
To:        micropr...@eclipse.org, microp...@googlegroups.com
Date:        01/06/2021 12:06
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [microprofile-wg] Oracle Joins Eclipse MicroProfile Working Group
Sent by:        microprofil...@eclipse.org

I'm very pleased to inform the working group members that Oracle...
This Message Is From an External Sender

I'm very pleased to inform the working group members that Oracle has joined MicroProfile as of Jan. 1, 2021.
We look forward to continued work with the MicroProfile working group organization and component specifications.
Initially we will designate myself and Dmitry Kornilov in the roles of primary and alternate representatives to the Steering and Platform committees. We both look forward to working to evolve MicroProfile.
I'd like to close with a shameless plug for our MicroProfile product -- Helidon.iowhich currently supports MicroProfile 3.3 and let you know that we are actively working to produce a MicroProfile 4.0 compatible release this year.

-- Ed Bratt, Oracle Corporation

Vincent Mayers

Jan 6, 2021, 4:04:01 PM1/6/21
to Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community
great news, Welcome Oracle

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Mayers
Atlanta Java Users Group, Inc.

Ruslan Synytsky

Jan 6, 2021, 5:05:25 PM1/6/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com, Microprofile WG discussions
Welcome to the group! Glad to see that the community is growing 💪

Ruslan Synytsky
CEO @ Jelastic Multi-Cloud PaaS

Kito Mann

Jan 6, 2021, 6:38:09 PM1/6/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com, micropr...@eclipse.org
Hello Ed,

This is excellent news! Welcome!
___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Java Champion | Google Developer Expert | LinkedIn
Expert training and consulting: PrimeFaces, PrimeNG, JSF, Java EE, Web Components, Angular
Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech

* Enterprise development, front and back. Listen to stackdpodcast.com.

Sharon Corbett

Jan 6, 2021, 9:01:01 PM1/6/21
to Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community
Welcome Oracle!

We are extremely happy to have you join the MicroProfile Working Group.

Please feel free to reach out to me or any of the EF staff at any time should you need any assistance.

We look forward to a great 2021!

Best Regards,
Sharon

Dmitry Kornilov

Jan 7, 2021, 6:19:47 AM1/7/21
to MicroProfile
Thanks all to your warm words! I am very excited to work with you!

Because I am new here I keep right to ask stupid questions (at least for the first month). Here comes the first. Amelia, I didn't understand what 'quotes' means. Is it a list of people who will contribute to MicroProfile? Can you please point me on some document which I can read or just reply with a little bit more precise description of what's needed to be done.

-- Dmitry

четверг, 7 января 2021 г. в 03:01:01 UTC+1, sharon....@eclipse-foundation.org:

Emerson Castañeda

Jan 7, 2021, 7:33:42 AM1/7/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Dmitry, Ed

Welcome!!!

Personally, I think this consolidation about the official Oracle participation in MPWG is pretty opportune, coming as well with a robust and novelty MP implementation as is Helidon, enforcing Enterprice Java ecosystem.

About “quotes”, Amelia is referring to a previous activity collecting MicroProfile WG Members’ Testimonials, these are being displayed here https://microprofile.io/workinggroup/, you can find additional details  and guidelines on this thread:

Emerson

Amelia Eiras

Jan 7, 2021, 2:04:48 PM1/7/21
to MicroProfile Community
You are wonderful Emerson and correct, thank you!

On Friday, I will start the move from google Documentation to the wiki to welcome MicroProfilers PRs to improve the guidelines for this and other activities.